forty-five

50k??? Ahhhh thank you <3 and thank you also to those who leave positive comments I love reading them

Bucky's POV

I'm literally going to go into cardiac arrest.

Never have I ever been so nervous for anything in my entire life.

I'm worried that she won't even be here. I'm worried we won't catch her. I'm worried we won't catch her father.

Above all, I'm worried they upped the electricity and we won't get her memories back.

I know they wiped her memories, or else she wouldn't have went on a killing spree in the middle of downtown. I assume I'm going to have to bring back all of our memories together, I need to give her time and I'm totally prepared for that.

But, what if they developed a different way to do things after I left? What if they never come back? What the fuck am I supposed to do then?

Alright. It's going to be fine. She'll get her memories back soon, she'll remember who I am, and I'll finally be able to tell her I love her.

"Buck, you alright?"

I whip my head to my left and see Steve looking at me with a worried look on his face. I know I've been worrying him sick, but how the hell else am I supposed to feel. I shake my head quickly and look away. "I'm fine."

He sighs and reaches over, laying a hand on my shoulder. "She'll be here. We're gonna get her. You don't need to worry."

I shake my head. "I'm not worried."

He breathes out a laugh. "Buck, I've known you a long time. I know when you're worried. Just come on, let's go ahead and go in and get in our positions, the walk might help cool your nerves."

I face forward and consider it, eventually nodding and opening my door. We had taken one of Tony's cars, we decided it would be best if she came back with me and Steve incase she woke up on the ride and one of us had to restrain her a second time, and you can't exactly transport an unconscious person on a motorcycle.

After we've both stepped out of the car, we slowly make our way towards the front of the building. We needed to blend in and still be protected, so all of us are in suits and bullet proof vests. Nat and Wanda are in something similar, opting out of dresses so they can fight better. I even have my hair pulled back into a bun to keep it out of my way.

Once we make it to the front door, we hand over our invitations that Tony got for us and then head inside, immediately going to the stairwell. It's a 2 story building, but the 2nd story is basically just a balcony that wraps around the entire first floor. Me, Steve, and Sam were told to stay up on the balcony, Tony and Nat are on the first floor, and everyone else is stationed at different exits or around the outside the building, even Thor and Loki are here to help.

Me and Steve aimlessly walk around for a minute and look at the art on the walls, but my mind is everywhere but here.

I don't think anyone understands, I need to get her back. It's not an option to just accept defeat. This isn't going to be a case where it's useless and we never find her and just give up, I am bringing her back if it is the last fucking thing I ever do.

Everyone else arrives a bit after us, I watch them trickle in as to not alarm anyone having all the avengers show up at once. Sam joins me and Steve up on the balcony, gives a few words of reassurance that I honestly didn't even listen to, and then goes off to the corner in which he's stationed.

Tony came by yesterday and positioned a few things where no one would find them. Steve couldn't show up with his shield and Sam could come wearing his wings, so those have been hidden discreetly in the spots where we're stationed. I'm not exactly sure, but I think Steve's shield is hidden behind a damn painting. My arm comes built in, so the only thing I had to bring were a few weapons and I easily stashed those in my suit.