eighty-nine

thank you for 200k!!!!

also peep the new cover.. again

Bucky's POV

I'm worried for a few reasons.

1. Beth hasn't had a mental breakdown yet. Not that I necessarily want her to have one, but I need this to work so I can marry her.

2. We just got back to the cabin and Beth drove. Not just drove, though. She drove at the speed of fucking lightning. I was a little scared, not gonna lie. So, what that means is that I'm about 30 seconds from finding out what her surprise is, and just by the way she was driving, I'm scared of what it is.

She clicks the button to turn off the car and jumps out quickly. I open up my door and before I can even step out, she's in front of me and yanking me out of the seat. "Did you snort a line of coke while I wasn't looking?"

She laughs and closes my door behind me, then pulls me through the garage to the door. She sticks the key into the lock and pops it open, kicks off her shoes, then runs to the back of the house. I, of course, have to be the one to close the garage door behind us to make sure we don't get murdered.

I stand still for a second, remembering what it was like before I knew what her surprise is.

Man, I'm gonna miss this moment.

I remove my shoes and set them beside hers before I finally start to make my way down the hallway, beginning my search for her. I finally find her in the master bedroom, holding her hands behind her back.

I lean on the doorframe, crossing both my arms and my legs. "Alright, what is it?"

Her smile is still as big as ever plastered on her face. "Can you quit being a scaredy cat and come find out?"

I roll my eyes and shut the bedroom door behind me, walking over to her. I stop about 2 feet away, just in case. "Show me."

Finally, her left arm comes out from behind her back and her hand is now in front of my face.

2 pairs of handcuffs swinging from her fingers.

I was wrong before. I totally do not under any circumstances miss the moment when I didn't know what the surprise was.

My eyes move up to hers. "This means nothing if you didn't-"

She pulls her right hand out from behind her, a small set of keys dangling from her middle finger.

I let out an appreciative hum. "Now when did you manage steal all of this?"

She laughs, putting her hands down. "May or may not have told Loki he couldn't keep Alpine while we we're gone if he didn't steal them for me."

The corners of my mouth begin to rise. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?"

She takes a step closer to me, giggling. "Not as much as you should with all my hard work."

I don't waste any time, I grab her face in my hands and slam her mouth against mine. I take my fingers and slip them underneath her coat, letting it slip to the floor. When I'm about to slide my tongue into her mouth, I pull away. "Wait, those are gonna be put on you this time, right?"