seventy-eight

y'all gotta chill w telling me to update it's only been 5 days HAHA I'm 21 in college and dealing w a car accident all while attempting to keep up a social life pls give me some leeway HAHAHA

love you all tho thank you for 143k!!!  <3

Beth's POV

It's been a few days since Bucky was granted his arm, but it's still not on. They started it, today, though. Apparently they have to have him unconscious to do it, so he's been out for a while.

And when I say a while, I mean it's been 13 hours and I've heard nothing. Not that I'm worried, I'm just bored out of my mind.

I'm a little confused on the whole unconscious thing, though. I doubt normal anesthesia would work on him since he heals extra fast and I really don't think they'd have Steve in there constantly punching him. Did they have to freeze him? But if they froze him in the chamber, how are they working on the arm? Also, they haven't started working on my brain yet, they've been doing his first. Do they not need him unconscious for that, too? We haven't even talked about it.

See, this is why I can't be left alone. Too many questions.

I don't even have class to teach today, so I'm really dying.

"Miss. B?"

I look up at the ceiling. Please god, be about Bucky. "Yes, JARVIS?"

"Mr. Stark needs to see you. He's in his office."

Okay. Now I'm worried.

I hurry out to the elevator and ride it up to the top floor. My brain is going wild the entire time. Is Bucky dead? Did they kill him? Oh god.

I bust into the office and see Tony at his desk with his head down. "Is he dead? If he is just tell me."

He looks up. "Man-slayer-"

I wave my hands. "Nope. Don't sugar coat it. I can deal with it. Just rip off the bandaid-"

Suddenly he's in front of me shaking my shoulders. "Can you shut up for a second? Barnes isn't dead."

My body relaxes and I meet his eyes. "He's not?"

He laughs a little. "No. They're still working on the arm. Apparently HYDRA botched the job, so they're having to fix it and implant new sensors in him. It's still gonna be a while, though."

I grunt. "Then why am I here?"

He rolls his eyes. "Because I know you're bored and going crazy, and I just got a call that'll give you something to do."

I furrow my brows. "Define that."

He smirks. "You wanna go psycho killer assassin for the night? Well, not exactly killer assassin, because you'll be bringing them to SHIELD alive, but-"

I perk up. "My phone got another call?"

He nods. "Yep. Of course, you can't take Barnes, but you could pick someone else to go. Can't be me or Steve, though, that'd be obvious."

I smirk. "I have the perfect person in mind. Where am I going and when?"

He looks at his watch. "It was a last minute call, and I needed to research, so it's in about an hour at the Boswick Inc. grand opening downtown. Do you think you can manage that?"

I nod. "Absolutely. Can I have some backstory?"

He walks over to his computer and nods for me to follow. He pulls up a long list of police reports on the screen. "There's a lot to it. There's a long list of murders of prostitutes and homeless women that have taken place the past 15 years. A lot of the times, there wasn't even a missing person report." He turns to me. "A lot of murderers will go for those types of women because they're low risk targets. Usually there's no one looking for them. But," he turns back to the screen and pulls up a picture of a woman, "this woman, Lucille Gray, was found murdered 2 weeks ago. Her sister has been raging to the police saying it was Mark Boswick who did it, but they won't take her seriously." He pulls up a screenshot of messages. "These are between Lucille and her sister right before the murder, it shows that Lucille texted her saying she was excited because Boswick picked her up and that she was going to come home with a lot of money this week." He pulls up video footage of the woman getting in a silver Honda. "This is the last footage of her, it's where she gets in the car. Now, the police don't think it was him, because 'why would a guy that rich have a 2005 Honda Civic when he's been seen out in Ferrari's?' But, and hold the applause," he pulls up traffic cam footage from a completely different date and zooms in, clearing up the picture, "this is a photo of Boswick driving that same exact car, coincidentally on the same night another woman was murdered."