Sea

There is a moment in every human being that accounts for the time you lose just by staring at the ocean.

The sea is right there, reach for it.

I could feel it in me. A strange gurgle that resounds throughout my body and pumps my chest with blood and more blood. It thrums within me.

I am not alone.

The sea is my friend. It has always been my friend. And in the leagues of time, in the leagues down and in the leagues up. There is nothing more to that.

It is my friend.

I take off my shirt. Cold air blossoms around me as I take my walk towards the ocean. There the christening yellow horizon of the water beckons to me and I am put in a trance. There is nothing more than I want than to go to the ocean. I have only looked for so long.

"Wait, if you go there you will be a merman and you will never return to the shore."

"Huh?"

A young girl called out to me. She was wearing a white frilled skirt and was standing on the beach sand. I already had my clothes off.

She was like me.

"If you go there," she reiterated.

"You will never be human again."

But you're human as well, aren't you?

The young girl shook her head. She beckoned to me and I pulled in closer. She wrapped her lips around mine.

"If you go there young boy, you will never return from the sea."

"Again."

A God.

I stood there watching as the girl returned to wherever she came from. The sea resounded to me like a loud drum in the opening. I could feel it thrumming in my veins.

A flash back takes grip of me.

If I go to the sea Mama- will I become a fish?

No. You won't. That's a story for a different person.

That's Ariel honey.

Father.

But if I go there now will I ever go 'there' again? I remember the young Goddess who planted her lips on mine. She is young and beautiful. There's a hope that feels satisfied by the arousal of remembering her scent.

My heart thrums in my chest. I am only 19. Finished my high school life and am in a new land. But if I go to one land from another- to chase after someone else or to chase the ocean. Where will I be?

I'm even more lost than anyone there before.

If anyone is there? Can they help me?