chapter thirteen

luciana pov <3

JOHN B WAS CHECKING off his invisible list of stuff we need for the trip. I barely knew where we were going until we pulled up to the Crain house. Before we got out the car, John B was thanking us and it was all sappy and sad. He smiled at Sarah and 'gazed into her eyes' for a hot minute.

"All right, we done with this circle jerk? Can we go do this?" I ask.

"Yeah. Let's do this."

"Let's get the wheat in the water!" Pope hopped out of the van.

"Weed? I'm up for weed." JJ said in a happy tone.

"He said wheat, blondie." I roll my eyes and JJ helps me out the van.

We walked over to the fence and each one of us jumped over it. I did it very carefully being cautious of my wrist. We all stood there and examined the house when the a light snapped on. Everybody shot down and cursed under there breath.

"Okay, so she has motion sensor lights." Pope verified.

"Yeah, no shit." I mumble.

"We could move really slowly." JJ suggested.

"What?"

"That's not how it works." I tell him patting his back.

"Oh, shit. Let's throw a rock at it." John B also suggests.

"What?"

"That's a really good idea, actually." Kie deadpans.

"Throw a rock at it?" Pope asks.

"Agreed. Let the axe murderer know we're here." I say with clear sarcasm.

"Okay, 'princess', do you have a better idea?" John B whispered.

"Literally anything but that."

"I actually do, Johnny. There's a breaker. In the circuit box on the porch, Sarah and I used to play hide and seek here when we were little." I respond.

"Yeah. If you were brave enough, you'd go up to the porch. I've seen it." Sarah backs me up.

"No, no. You're not going into the house alone." John B sternly disagrees.

"Awe, he's protective too, Sarah." I mutter.

"Watch me." Sarah threatens.

"I'll go alone, anytime." I add.

"Crain chops people into pieces." JJ was one hundred percent disagreeing with my statement. He was getting protective as well.

"If you believe that, but she's like what? Eighty-five?" I deadpan.

"Yeah, somethin' like that." JJ agrees.

"She's probably barely still kicking." Sarah adds.

"Here, we can all go." Kie suggest looking at Sarah and I.

"Yeah." I agree.

"We'll wait for your signal." Pope says.

"Okay. Cool." Sarah whispers as we all start getting up.

"Be safe." John B tells us.

"Awe. He cares, too." I coo.

"Shut up." He rolls his eyes.

We made our way through the many bushes Ms. Crain had. She had bushes and weeds everywhere. We crouched and walked our entire way to the porch, trying not to catch the motion sensors attention.

"She must have the generator plugged into the main power supply." Sarah says.

We walked up the stairs that led to the porch. Kie shushed us quietly because of how the stairs were creaky and making noise. We made it to the breaker and Sarah shined her flashlight as Kie opened the cover. I looked inside looking for a 'motion sensor' or anything like that switch, but I saw nothing.