chapter eighteen

luciana pov <3

SHORT CHAPTERS!!

(emphasis on the 's')

"YOU SURE HE GOT everything?" Kie asks.

"Every bar.. the whole enchilada." John B reassures.

"Damn, everything we worked for.. gone." I realize.

John B took his cast of and threw it onto the dock, "It's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit."

"John B--"

"What, Kie? It's a hairline fracture, who cares?"

"You should care. Your arms gonna be messed up for life."

"It's fine, Kie."

"How are you, Luci?" Kie moves her attention towards me.

"Fine." I mumble obviously lying.

"The truth?" John B adds.

"I don't understand why Ward would kill her. I mean, Julieta was a great person, she wouldn't even step on an ant. She was so kind and like, who would want to hurt her!" I exclaim.

"She sounds generous." JJ comforts me.

"She was." I mutter.

"Guys!" Pope called out. "Oh, oh! I ran all the way here."

"You alright?" I ask.

"How was the interview."

"Don't ask. JB, look, I'm sorry, dude, about everything."

"It's fine."

"B-but, I don't have a lot of time, and-- and I have some information that is tactically relevant. So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to a private airstrip to cut palms for the Cameron's big plane because it was too heavy and needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, 'Hm, why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off?' What could be so heavy to weigh it down?"

"Gold," I realize.

"That's right."

"Exactly."

"Guys, this is our last chance, but it leaves tonight, we have to go." Pope adds.

"Guys, we can't give up now."

"What's the plan, big man." JJ commented.

"We're gonna steal that shit back."

so sorry abt the short chapters but the next like three chapters are gonna be short asf <3 anyways love u guys!!