𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞.

—

"are you sure you don't want me to stay here?" Corey asked, standing in the hallway of Joey's house.

of course, he was sure.

sure about how fucking bad he did want Corey to stay for the night. and yet...

"sure. i'll be fine, but thanks for taking me home."

saying these words was hard. Joey felt like a hand had grabbed his heart, and pulled it out from its place right through his chest. he was staring at the nose of his black Adidas sneakers, not being able to look at Corey. he didn't want to be left alone, but Corey has done so much for him, and he couldn't ask him to stay too. it would have been too much. Corey was probably tired, not wanting anything more than going home and collapsing on his sofa, watching some stupid tv-show or something. and still, he was there in the hospital, taking care of Joey, he was there with his car to take him home, and now he was there in his hallway, making sure he's fine. he wasn't at home, wasn't at the party the others were at, wasn't in some bar, drinking away his feelings... no, he was with Joey.

"you fucking suck at lying, i hope you know that." Joey didn't see Corey, but he knew him well enough to know, he crossed his arms on his chest, while he said that. "i'll be honest, Joey, i'm worried."

Joey snorted. "well, then don't be." he shrugged. "i'll be fine. i'm fine."

"Joey..." Corey put his fingers under Joey's chin and gently turned his head upwards. "please, stop pretending you're okay, because i know you're not. something horrible has happened to you, and it pushed you in a dark place enough for you to try and commit suicide. i want to help you, but you have to let me. so look, if you want me to stay, i will. i'd be more than happy to do so."

silence.

Joey wanted to shook his head, and resist. he wanted to tell the man to go home and rest, he wanted to tell him to leave him alone, but he wasn't able to. he just couldn't open his mouth to talk, he couldn't move his head, he couldn't turn away, he couldn't do anything. so he just kept quiet.

"no objection? i guess i'm staying then," Corey shrugged with an unhidden smile on his face, then stepped forward and walked past Joey, straight into the living room.

Joey just stood there in shock, not being able to move or say anything.

"b-but... wait, no!" he ran after Corey, who already kicked down his shoes and made himself comfortable on Joey's sofa. "you... you don't even have clothes with you."

"and you think i couldn't fit into one of those fucking oversized hoodies of yours?" he laughed. "come on, Joey, if you don't want me here, at least come up with real reasons!"

"you're not taking my hoodie!" Joey pouted.

"oh yes, i am! i already have."

"wha—"