𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫.

—

Joey sighed.

he was staring at himself in the mirror, acknowledging that no, unfortunately, he hasn't changed a thing. that old, black hoodie looked the same on him. he still had that ugly, black hair, he still had the same eyes, with the same, purple bags under them, making him remember that he is lacking sleep — a lot of it, actually. he pulled up the sleeves of his hoodie, revealing his skinny arms, and he didn't even need to look at his legs, to know they were just the same. he was exactly the same person he hated before, and who he still did.

he pulled his lips, and turned away from the mirror, pulling back the sleeves of his sweater, which were so long they didn't cover just his arms, but his wrists and even his fingers too. the more, the better. he didn't have to look at all the features he hated about himself.

he walked to his bed. at the exact moment he sat down on it, he started hearing the sound of running water. at first, he didn't know what it was, but then he remembered he's not alone. Corey was staying over. he was so busy hating himself, that he forgot about his guest.

he quietly cursed himself for being like that, then lay down on his bed, and pulled the blanket over his body.

he wanted to go back and sleep as peacefully as he did in Corey's arms, but he felt like something was missing. his eyes stayed wide open, he didn't feel like he wanted to close them, he was constantly moving and changing positions, he tried turning his pillow, hoping that the other side of it is colder, and even though it actually was, it didn't get any better. he was still very much awake when he heard the running water stop, which meant Corey had finished his shower, and now even he is going to bed.

after some time, which he assumed was a few minutes, he heard as the bathroom door opened, then it closed again, and soon he heard some footsteps going past his door, then entering the guest room, which was right next to his.

he once more tried to close his eyes, but he just couldn't drift off to sleep. accepting the situation, he grabbed his phone from the nightstand next to his bed and started reading some random news to entertain himself, hoping that he would get more tired and be able to sleep sooner or later.

hopefully sooner.

turns out it would have to be later. a whole hour later he was about to put down his phone, and even though he was not any more tired, he decided to force himself to sleep, and the first step was to put his phone down. he placed it on the nightstand again, and turned on his other side, folding one arm under his head.

no. it still wasn't better. thought it seemed like Corey was fighting the same problem, because Joey soon heard the sound of an opening door, and judging by the footsteps, Corey was heading to the kitchen.

Corey sighed.

he had been trying to sleep for the past hour or so, with absolutely no success. different kinds of thoughts were flooding his mind, keeping him awake. he was thinking about the practice, some memories from tours, but his mind was mostly occupied with wondering about the man, who was in the room next to his. he couldn't get Joey off his mind. the way he fell asleep while resting his head on his chest, his smile, his laugh, his jokes, his half awake-half asleep voice after waking up, every beautiful feature he had... Joey was too perfect to be with someone like him. but he's going to try anyway. he couldn't completely ignore how Joey behaved around him. he was constantly laughing, dropping things, messing around, how he helplessly started explaining himself after every little fault, how he always wanted to be close to him...