☾103

[3709 words]

Niall

A few days later, and we were in my car, driving to my place with a quick stop to do some groceries. I was excited to get home with Patri finally, not because I got tired of her flat; in fact, I loved it more the more time I spent there with her. Her roommate wasn't home much, so that's definitely helped me feel at ease while spending our days in their flat, but my excitement definitely came because of other reasons. Well, mostly because we didn't spend a single minute there ever since we got back together, and my heart literally ached to see her around my things again. I feel like my home was always a safe point, a permanent place in our relationship, as most of our time together has been spent there. Partly because we rarely went out anywhere if so, we left the country, but also because of the quarantine when we spent so much time living together. We created so many memories there that it was physically hurting me to be between those walls after we broke up. I guess that tension in me every time I crossed the doorway without her always lounged on the surface, and I was fucking ready to leave that behind and have my girl back there. And to create new, everlasting memories there with her again.

Patri was luckily doing much better than a few days ago, and that's why we also agreed that it's time to get out of the comfort of her room. Her throat still hurt a little, and she had an incredibly ugly cough, but after she got home from the hospital, she didn't have any more fever, and the dizziness and nausea were in the past as well. As for me, I felt my throat to be a little sore as well, but I tried to cure it with big cups of tea and a nauseatingly sweet and sharp mix of honey, ginger and propolis - the secret ingredient that in Patri's and her dad's opinion cured everything. Something had to be about it because my throat didn't get worse ever since I was eating the mixture with her every night before bed.

I held up the door of my local store for Patri before I stepped in, right after her and grabbed two baskets, handing one over to her.

"Pick up anything you want, and we meet up at the candy aisle," I told her with a smile when my eyes found her surprised look. "Just go. Everything you crave for," I said again before she could've asked what my intention was, and I stepped out from behind her, making my way to the first shelves.

"But I'm paying for myself," she called after me, and I nodded with a smile.

"As you wish."

The thing was, she lost some weight, and it scared me to hell. I knew it was because I barely could get anything into her due to her sickness and the pain in her throat, but it left an uneasy feeling in my stomach, still. She was incredibly pretty and attractive in my eyes, no matter what, but I wanted her to be strong and healthy again, and I figured, with some food for the soul would help her to get back into her form again.

That's why I filled my cart with everything I knew she loved and some other unnecessary things, but it will be fine on my shelf at home.

Soon I found my way to the sweets, picking up chocolate filled with strawberry mixture, Reese's and cookies with white chocolate chips because I knew Patri was obsessed with all of them. I picked up a package of my favourite sour candy just when Patri turned around the corner and walked up to me without looking at anything on the shelves.