Prologue: Wish on a Falling TARDIS

I don't own Doctor Who whatsoever, and just a fan with an idea.

Avery's POV

I was getting ready for bed and my darling sister Amelia is complaining about the crack in the wall. Sure, it's unsettling but there nothing we can do. Our aunt left for out of town leaving us here. And now I can hear her praying to Santa.

"Dear Santa, thank you for the dolls and pencils and the fish. It's Easter now, so I hope I didn't wake you. But honest, it is an emergency." I zoned out of what she was saying a minute later as I heard the oddest noise. I walked into Amelia's room just right to mine and looked out and saw a blue box fall out of the sky and into our yard.

Amelia got up off the floor and joined me at the window. We looked at each other before running out of the house to the blue box that was now smoking after having crashed in our yard on top of our shed.

The doors of the box opened and an anchor flew out and a mysterious man who was completely soaked popped his head out of the box. "Can I have an apple? All I can think about, apples. I love apples. Maybe I'm having a craving. That's new, never had cravings before." He hoisted himself out of the box, and said "Whoa!" looking into the box. This man was very strange indeed. I looked at Amelia who was looking at the madman who just came out of the sky in a box, and destroying our shed in the process. Amelia asked the man "Are you okay?" and he replied "Just had a fall. All the way down there, right to the library. Hell of a climb back up."

I was confused now, he was soaking wet and he was in the library which had to be incredibly small with a box that size and I decided to point out to the madman about the wetness. "You're soaking wet." And he replied "I was in the swimming pool." and Amelia replied before I could "You said you were in the library" and he replied with the maddest thing I've ever heard "So was the swimming pool." I rolled my eyes and Amelia asked if he was a policeman. And he asked if she called one. I expected her next reply would be about the crack and so I left for the kitchen.

A few minutes later they came in, and Amelia told me he said he was a doctor. I looked at her and then looked at the man who proclaimed to be a doctor and asked him "If you're a doctor, why does your box say Police?" Amelia gave him an apple. He spat it out after taking a bite; I gave Amelia a look that basically said I'm not cleaning up his mess. He said "That's disgusting. What is that?" I was confused and said "An apple." He replied "Apples are rubbish. I hate apples." and Amelia said "You said you loved them."

Then he asked for yoghurt, and then we gave him bacon, he accused us of poisoning him. Then he got beans and spat them into the sink. I got him bread and butter while Amelia cleaned the apple and yoghurt off the floor before someone stepped in it. He threw the bread out of the door. Amelia looked through the fridge and asked if he wanted carrots. To which he said "Carrots? Are you insane?" I gave him an offended look and took the carrots and ate them myself.

He went and got fish fingers and custard. Finally he decided on something to eat. Amelia sat across from him and I eating ice cream out of the tub, while he dipped fish fingers into the custard. Amelia shook her head and said "You're as bad as Avery when it comes to custard. Though she likes carrots with custard." I smiled and dipped one of my carrots into his custard and bit into it giving him a smile. He shook his head and drank some of the custard and I laughed.

He then asked for our names, I went first and said "Avery Pond." and then Amelia went and introduced herself. He said she had a brilliant name, like a name in a fairy-tale. He then asked if we were in Scotland and Amelia replied saying that we had to move to England and that it was rubbish. He then asked if our parents were upstairs.

I replied "We don't have a mum and dad. Just an aunt." He asked where she was and Amelia just said she was out. He said in surprise "And she left you guys all alone." Amelia said "We're not scared." to which he replied looking straight at Amelia "You're not scared of anything! Box falls out of the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard, and look at you, just sitting there. So you know what I think?" We both asked "What?" he says "Must be a hell of a scary crack in your wall."

We finished up eating and followed the man called Doctor into Amelia's room with a crack in the wall. Amelia said to the man while he investigated her wall "I used to hate apples, so my mum put faces on them." She gave it to him and he pocketed it. He then said "This wall is solid and the crack doesn't go all the way through it. So here's the thing, where's the draught coming from?" He scanned the wall with this pen looking thing that was silver and blue. "Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey. You know what the crack is?"

Amelia asked "What?" and he looked at the wall saying "It's a crack. I'll tell you something funny. If you knocked this wall down, the crack would stay put, cos the crack isn't in the wall." I asked confused "Where is it then?" he replied "Everywhere. In everything. It's a split in the skin of the world. Two parts of space and time that should never have touches, pressed together... right here in the wall of your bedroom. Sometimes, can you hear...?" Amelia inputted "A voice. Yes."

Now I swear Amelia was going mad. A voice in a wall... The doctor man grabbed Amelia's glass of water, throwing out the water which landed on me regrettably; I gave him a look of grumpiness. He didn't look at me, and just grabbed a stool sticking the glass to the wall sitting on the stool with his ear to the glass. I walked out to go clean myself up. The last thing I heard was something about Prisoner Zero escaping and a Prison.

I heard banging outside and ran to the box, a few minutes later the Doctor ran out of the house yelling "I've got to get back in there. The engines are phasing. It's going to burn!" Amelia ran behind him, following saying "But... it's just a box! How can a box have engines?" The Doctor replied "It's not a box. It's a time machine."

Now I was intrigued, I've always wanted to travel through time and space! "What, a real one? You've got a real time machine?" He replied saying "Not for much longer if I can't get her stabilised. Five-minute hop into the future should do it." I hopped off my rock that I was standing on and asked "Can we come?" and he said "Not safe in here, not yet. Five minutes. Give me five minutes. I'll be right back." Amelia said with a sad look "People always say that." and he hopped off of his box and walked towards her and crouched down enough to look her in the eyes and asked "Am I people? Do I even look like people? Trust me. I'm the Doctor." With that he climbed into his box. He disappeared into his box which then made that odd metallic noise and disappeared into thin air.

We looked at each other for one moment before turning back to the house to go pack. We came back and sat in front of our now destroyed flattened shed for him to come back. But he never did, not till Twelve Years Later...