Chapter 14: Trapped in Enemy Territory

I don't own Doctor Who or Torchwood whatsoever, BBC does, and I'm just a fan with an idea.

RECAP:

"No." The Doctor admitted as he turned off his torch for a split second and the statues in front of us are now facing us. The Doctor ran ahead.

"Oh, my God! They've moved." Amy said

"No shit Sherlock." I said to Amy as I ran after the Doctor. Everyone following behind the Doctor as he looked at all of the statues lining our way to the ship.

"They're Angels. All of them!" The Doctor reported

"But they can't be." River said

"But they can." I replied

"Clerics, keep watching them." The Doctor ordered as he backtracked and saw the Angels have moved forward. "Every statue in this maze, every single one, is a Weeping Angel. They're coming after us."

Avery's POV

I followed after the Doctor, never fully taking my eyes off of the Angels as we passed by them. I didn't trust anyone but the Doctor and I to be vigilant about the Angels, even though I knew that River could be trusted to be vigilant, although after finding out that she was a felon and the fact there was something off about her, I just didn't trust her. "There was only one Angel on the ship. Just the one, I swear." River swore to the Doctor.

"Could they have been here already?" Amy questioned

"The Aplans, how did they die out?" The Doctor asked River, I looked over to her. It was a good question considering how the statues didn't have two heads.

"Nobody knows." River replied

"We know." The Doctor corrected. I knew the answer was obvious. The Angels had killed the Aplans, but the question was how long ago did it happen?

"They don't look like Angels." Father Octavian said.

"And they're not fast. You said they were fast. They should have had us by now." Amy added

"They're dying. Losing their form. They must have been down here for centuries, starving." The Doctor replied. And that was my answer to my unasked question

"Losing their image." I replied

"And their image is their power. Power. Power!" The Doctor added before coming to a realisation as he observed one of the statues.

"Doctor?" Amy and I asked

"Don't you see? All that radiation spilling out, the drive burn. The crash wasn't an accident - it was a rescue mission, for the Angels. We're in the middle of an army and it's waking up." Doctor answered. My eyes widened coming to the same realisation. I knew it was strange, I knew something wasn't right and here was my answer.

"We need to get out of here fast." River said.

"Agreed." I agreed.

"Bob, Angelo, Christian, come in, please. Any of you, come in!" Father Octavian ordered into the radio.

"It's Bob, sir. Sorry, sir." Bob answered over the radio. I walked closer, there was something wrong, I knew it. I made my way over to another cleric and borrowed their radio. I knew the Doctor would end up using Octavian's radio. I made my way back quickly.

"Bob, are Angelo and Christian with you? All the statues are active. I repeat, all the statues are active!" Father Octavian spoke into the radio.

"I know, sir. Angelo and Christian are dead, sir. The statues killed them, sir." Bob replied over the radio. And just as I knew it, the Doctor moved over and took the radio from Father Octavian.