Chapter 8: Future to Past

I don't own Doctor Who or Torchwood whatsoever BBC does, and I’m just a fan with an idea. Excuse the language from here on out.

Flashback of Past Torchwood

The Torchwood team watched as one of their valued members of Torchwood was about to leave. One Avery Pond was going on her own personal mission. They were going to miss her quite a bit. Jack knew that she had come from a far gone future, as did Ianto. Ianto and Jack were her best mates there. She was going to find her version of the Doctor. She had come from a dark future, a future of trouble. Just as she was about to leave she said “When you see me again, it won’t be me. It’ll be a different version of me through time. A past version of me, and when she arrives, that is your signal that there is trouble, serious trouble. Trouble where you have to be a united front.” She gave everyone a hard look before she disappeared in a flash of white light.

Out of Flashback

Avery’s POV

I knew I had to be careful of what I said from here on out. I knew the team was just about to head to the conference room. Ianto walked up to me and handed me a purple tardis diary, I flipped through the book. It had nothing written within. I gave him a confused look and he said “You, yourself gave me this. Told me that the day you returned, you wouldn’t be, the you, we know. And that you were to receive this.” He flipped open to the very first page that I skipped, there was a note. A note from future me.

Dear 21 year old Avery;

You probably skipped this page in a true Avery fashion. And Ianto probably pointed out this page as instructed. You will need this, in order to keep track of where you are in time. Content wise, if past you will arrive or be there. I advise you don’t be in the same area as a different version of you, in order to not cause a paradox. You’ll understand in the future with the Doctor. You’ll understand why this diary is used, as you will meet the inspiration for this probably as soon as you get out of this time period and back to the TARDIS. And the hard times will come; I know you don’t understand at this moment. But once again, you’ll understand what I mean when it comes. And in case you don’t believe this being you... How about a secret only two people actually know, one that even Rory or Ianto don’t know. You were the one who kept biting the psychiatrists when you and Amy went to those meetings. Good luck my darling. And remember...

~Future Avery Alecia Pond

I looked up from the book, and tore the front page out putting it away in my back jean pocket. I said to Ianto “Did you read the first page?”

He shook his head and said “No ma’am, it wasn’t addressed to me. And so I thought I shouldn’t read it. I had a note of my own anyways.” He held up a note that looked like mine, I nodded. Ianto and I linked arms and walked into the conference room. I heard Owen say “Are you sure that it’s not her Tosh? She seems to be acting the same as she did a couple days ago, acting all cosy with Ianto still.”

Tosh looked at us questionably before she said “I’m not completely sure, but our Avery hasn’t really been wrong yet. So it must be.”

 Jack looked at me, and said “Who am I?”

I shrugged and said “I don’t know. You keep avoiding the darn question. You always talk about your travels, never who you are exactly.”

Jack nodded and announced to the group “This isn’t the Avery who was here a couple days ago.” No one made any arguments.