3 Earning My Keep

Laurence and I made our way through the twisting path of Phoenix Drop, and up a hill towards a white and purple house. I thought to myself, "She must really like purple." I can't blame her though, my favorite color is also purple. Laurence then knocked on her door, a short darker skinned girl answered the door. She had shiny black hair with caramel colored eyes. Laurence spoke as I admired her "Lord Aphmau this is Luna, she says that she isn't even from O'khasis, but it's a little hard to believe." She looked me up and down "come in and you explain." Oh thank goodness, she seems to be very kind and a good leader. 

After Explaining Luna's backstory

Aphmau was a little confused, but Laurence decided to sum it up. "So basically correct me if I'm wrong. You found Zane washed up from a storm in the woods, nursed him back to health only for him to betray you and kidnap you as his bride." I sadly shook my head "Yes that sums it up" Aphmau looked at Laurence and looked back at me "Yeah that sounds like something Zane would say, but did you really call him that?" I chuckled at her excitement from how I called Zane a "filthy double crossing rat" and I only nodded my head yes. 

Aphmau did actually believe my story, which I am glad for. And according to her we both have something in common, Zane has wanted us for a wife. Well at least he has impeccable taste, and now that I look at us, a type. Yellowish eyes, black hair, darker skin, an attitude, and a hate for him. Although I've only just come to Phoenix Drop I feel like I'm going to play an important part to it's history. I've also talked to lady Aphmau about becoming a guard, she thinks it's a great idea, but Laurence and a guy named Garroth just believe that I'll be another rookie to train. 

They just don't realize who my father is, I may need training, but I'm a quick learner really. Now I just need to get work on building a home for myself. I'm thinking of building a small cottage, near the forest. I'll ask lady Aphmau about it later, but for now I'll see if anyone needs help by wandering around the village. This method seems to actually work, because I've met a fella by the name of Brendan, he seemed to be looking for his sister who he called Kiki. I walked with him for a little bit and found Kiki, she is one of the sweetest people I've ever met and she has a love for animals.

Laurence actually came looking for me, "Hey, Luna you got a minute?" "Hmm, yeah I was just wandering around helping people. I've only met Brendan and Kiki so far. But did you need something or did you just wanna see me?" Yes I will admit, I can be a bit of a flirt, but he's hot so what am I supposed to do. "I would love to say the second answer, but lady Aphmau asked me to bring you to Cadenza, so you won't have to be stuck in that ugly O'khasis armor." Oh thank Irene, I was getting so tired of this Armor and it was really starting to stink. "Oh perfect I was hoping to get out of this stinking armor." 

So Laurence lead me over to Cadenza's and it turns out she's his older sister and that he has another sister who's his twin, but she left to become a witch's apprentice. He was so happy when talking about her, he said her goal is to become one the most powerful witches in the world so she can protect the ones she loves. She must be a very kind and caring person, especially when Laurence talks about her like this. "I myself, I actually grew up with six brothers and one sister. From youngest to oldest there's, Dan, Daniel, Star, Me, Lunar, George, Jordan, and Patrick. I know it was a lot for my parents, but we really took care of each other. My dad was a knight, while my mother just didn't really care about all of us, mostly her favorites."

Laurence seemed sad to hear this "But it was fine, I love all my brothers and sisters. Even if I don't know where they're at of if they're even alive." We arrived at Cadenza's at the perfect time, I love remembering my family, but it does make me sad to think about. When I met Cadenza, she was so kind and beautiful. I swear all the women in this town are, they are like goddesses who have come down to let the mortals bask in their beauty. Of course including myself, I too am a beautiful goddess, but I would say I'm more of a fighter instead of worrying of how I look. Cadenza apparently loves making clothing so instead of asking her for a dress, I asked for a tunic and some simple pants to make it easy to move in.