1 Meeting him

Luna POV

One early morning, in the break of dawn, I was checking the fence to make sure the calf I was looking for didn't get out. Along the fence was fence wooded area, but in the shrubs I noticed white fabric laying on the ground. I hoped off my steed and carefully swung my legs over the barbed fence. It turns out that the fabric was attached to a man, a unconscious man. "Oh my Irene, this isn't good!" I untangled him from the weeds and lifted him over towards the fence.

Raina, my horse, trotted over and got as close as she could, so I was able to throw him over onto her back. I got on her myself and made way for home, there was a storm brewing and it was going to be a dandy.
As soon as we arrived I rushed this man inside and laid him on the living room couch. Running back outside to look for that calf, I see his mother had found him and was safely in the barn. I whistled for Raina and got her put up as well so no one was out in the storm.

The wind vain in the yard started to pick up speed while dark clouds rolled in over the sky. When I went to turn towards the house, the rain started pelting the ground. Making it to the porch, I was soaked to the brim, even my socks were wet! Walking inside I sat down by the kitchen stove, grabbing a towel from the drawer next to it, drying my self off. I heard the couch give in some as the man started to stir awake.

"Oh goodness, you seem to be awake. Are you alright?" I asked the stranger, only for him to reply with "where am I, and who are you, did you kidnap me or something!?" Woah too many questions at once, "hey calm down, my name's Luna, and your at my farm. I found you outside passed out, it was going to storm, so I brought you inside." He looked almost angry, but confused? "We'll do you even know who I am."

I blatantly told him "No, I have no idea who you are sir." He looked at me with a look of surprise, "I am a High Priest of O'khasis and that means that you have to respect me. Or I'll have your head cut from your body." This guy has to be joking right, "With what? your scrawny little hands, do you not realize that we are miles from the nearest town and you have no one to do your bidding here." I said with a blatant smirk on my face.I sighed knowing he couldn't leave in his condition, " Well you're at least going to have to stay here for a couple days to recuperate.

So even though neither of us like this, we're going to have to at least tolerate each other." He looked me up and down, eyeing my every move, "Fine, but I will at least apologize for my harsh words. I was in the middle of a very important deal that is probably not going to...." His words faltered as an idea popped into Zane's head. (If I can gain her trust, then I can just take her as my bride.

I mean every King needs a Queen at his every beckon and call.) "Never mind, but I'm sorry Luna, may we start again. Maybe even become friends." I knew that apology was shit, he has some form of scheme, but for now I'll just go along with it.I faked a smile and made my voice sound as happy as ever "Why, of course we can be friends, but if you're staying here. Then you're going to need to earn your keep, maybe some of the more simpler chores.

Gathering eggs, milking the cows, feeding the animals, yeah that could work. You can start when your healed and all rested up." I could tell he didn't buy into the happy go lucky attitude, but it never hurts to try anyway. The storm lasted all the night and into the morning, but finally the sun came out and dried almost everything. This made it tougher on me though, because everybody knows that when the sun comes out after the rain, it gets so muggy and humid during the warmer weather. That's what it felt like outside, it was like walking into a sauna that had be cranked on high.

Zane was fine in the next few days

I was up by the crack of dawn already brewing my morning coffee, I didn't know if mister high priest liked coffee so I made him a cup anyway. Making my way upstairs I knocked on the guest bedroom door "Rise and shine sleeping beauty, time for you first day of work." He groggily opened the door "Why are you waking me up this early?" I chuckled "Better get used to it mister high priest, you'll be waking when I do, if you want to stay."

He shut the door in my face only to reopen it to grab the cup of coffee. So that answered my question about the coffee, "There will be clothes in the bathroom you can change into." Jogging down the steps towards the closet in the hallway, I pulled out my father's old work boots he had for Zane. When he had died, I took over the farm in his place. He was a knight in his younger years, but he retired to take up farming and spend some time with his family. Though he had been killed my mercenaries along with my mother when they had said that my father cheated them out of crop. They were just looking for an excuse to kill a old man and his wife.

Walking back down the hallway, I grabbed his hat off the wall and put it on top of the boots, setting them outside the bathroom door. Hearing the animals start to wake, I went on the porch slipping on my boots, and waited for Zane. The door creaked open and I saw a whole new person, blood rising to my cheeks. "His hat suits you, really." He scoffed "Whatever it's just a stupid hat." It may have been to anybody, but to me it was special, "well I'll show you how to collect eggs and when you get the hang of it, you can move up a bit."