Chapter 2 : Dinner At Stacy's

Marcy invited me, my younger brother Marcus and my mom to have dinner with her and her family. I didn't really want to go because that would mean I'd have to eat in front of Stacy. Not that I'm scared to, I just like to eat alone, I guess..
"Let's go kids!" My mom calls out from the garage. I grabbed my phone and got in the car. "So, how's Charlie been, have you seen him?" She asks me, "No? He doesn't go to our school.", "Oh where does he go?" , "To Long-ridge." , "Oh no that's a terrible school, why doesn't he go to Sidson with you and Marcy?" , I look at her "Mom, he was kicked out." , "Really? My god.. I didn't know that, for what?", "Dealing drugs I think I don't know." Finally we pulled up to their house. My mom rings the doorbell. Stacy answers. "Ah Hello! So good to see all of you." She hugs my mom and brother. They walk inside. She smiles at me and puts her arms out for a hug. I grin and hug her. She whispers in my ear, "I'm so glad you came." Not gonna lie I blushed for a second, just a second though.. I promise. "Well hello Hailey." Says Charlie to me. "Hey Charlie.", "You look.. nice." He's clearly just trying to BE nice, he seems super stoned.
We all sit at the dinner table. "Thank you for joining us Mrs.Wilson." Their mom says to mine. "Of course thank you for having us!", "Can we eat now?" Says Marcy eagerly. "Oh I'm sorry did you cook this?" Says their father Charles. "Did you?" Marcy responds. Everyone laughs except me. I was really hungry but I didn't want to look greedy so I ate really slowly. Soon dinner was gone and we were all sitting in the living room talking.
          Stacy then signals me to come with her to her room, I get up and follow her. She closes the door, I sit on her bed. "My family literally irritates me." She says as she sits next to me. "Mine does too sometimes.", "Really Mrs.Wilson seems so nice." , "Eh she's been really annoying since her boyfriend died." , "Oh yes I forgot about that.. I'm sorry for your loss." She says as she looks at me, "It's fine. He was broke anyway." We laugh. We end up just staring at each other, saying nothing, just admiring each other's facial features. Well, at least that's what I'm doing while looking at her. "You're really pretty." OH NO DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT-LOUD WKWHWHHSJEJE..
         Sorry didn't realize all caps were on. Anyways, She smiles, "Thank you Hailey." I couldn't stop staring at her lips. They look so, kissable.. I MEAN SOFT I MEANT SOFT... She then gets a text. "It's Chad. He wants to meet up and see a movie." She looks at me "You think you could hang with Marcy until I'm back?" I got kinda sad she was leaving but, I was more confused on why Chad was texting her. "Yeah, sure. Have fun."
           She gets up and hugs me. "Sorry I actually really did want to spend some time with you but my boyfriend has been trying to see me all day."
      ..... Guys, I have no words.. "Oh.. o- ok." She grins. "Bye Hailey." She walks out. I can't believe she's dating Chad. The stupid quarterback. He's not even cute. I'd bone Doby from Harry Potter before I even thought about touching Chad. But, it is what it is I guess. Marcy then comes into Stacy's room seeing me sitting on Stacy's bed still. "Hey uh your mo-.. Why are you in Stacy's room?" I don't know what to say she seems kinda upset. "Uh well we were talking." Marcys looks me up and down. "...Your moms leaving." , "Okay I'm coming." She grabs my arm as I walk past her. "Where is Stacy?" , I internally scream, "She's with Chad." Marcy looks surprised. "Ugh! That dipshit boyfriend of hers. I'll see you tomorrow squirt." , "Bye Marcy."
           On the way home from Marcy's I think about how I was literally in kissing distance with Stacy. I'm glad I didn't get the courage to kiss her though, now that I know she dates douchebags.

Scroll For Chapter 3