|| Lights Out ||

The next day Sophia, Usnavi and Sonny were all working in the shop. It was too hot. They were all sweating like crazy.

Barely anyone had come into the shop today so they were all bored as hell.

Sophia went to the back room to unload the new stock.

"Now is you chance man, go ask her out" Sonny whispered.

"What would I even ask her to do?" He asks trying to make up and excuse.

"Well, everyone is coming to Abuela's house tomorrow night, then afterwards your all going to that salsa club. Ask her if she wants to go with you. Like as a date." He says.

"I don't know, what if she says no?" Usnavi starts over thinking it.

Sonny sighs, "But what if she says yes, if you don't ask her then she will end up dancing with some random stranger then going home with said stranger."

That is the last thing Usnavi wants. So he makes his way to the back room.

Once he makes it to the storage room he finds Sophia unpacking all of the new produce.

"Hey Sophie?" He asks cautiously "Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course you can" she says softly.

"So I uh- you know I was wondering if um- you know wanted to go to the um" he closes his eyes in frustration. Sophia simply smiles at him softly, she would never admit it but she finds it endearing when he gets nervous.

"Usnavi, relax. You can always ask me anything" she says, placing her hand on his comfortingly.

His arms relax and fall to his sides at her touch. He gently opens his hand so their palms are facing each other.

He continues to play with her hand to relax his thoughts.

"I was wondering if maybe, you wanted to come with me to the salsa club tomorrow night," he takes a deep breath. "As my date."

A wide smile spreads across her face at his words.

"I would love to" she says happily.

He sighs in relief that she didn't reject him. "Great" he says.

She simply steps towards him and goes onto her tiptoes to press a light kiss to his cheek. She sees the pink blush dusting his cheeks as she walks away

                                             •••
Tonight is the night of Sophia and Usnavi's date and Sophia is getting ready. She puts her dress on:

She chooses to keep her hair natural, she then straps on her shoes and walks out into the living room where Sonny is waiting for her

She doesn't want him walking around on his own at this time.

Once they are both ready they head over to Abuela's