the treasure room

As we were discovering the ruins of Cair Paravel, Peter remembered there had to be a treasure room where all of their stuff would be stored. After searching for half an hour we found it, the door was hidden behind a wall and lots of branches. "Don't suppose you have any matches, do you?" Peter asked while tearing a piece of his shirt in order to make a torch. " No, but would this help?" Edmund said taking out a flashlight. We all started laughing, "You might have mentioned that a bit sooner" Peter said.

We all entered the dark room, it seems like nobody has entered this space for ages. I was admiring my surroundings when I noticed my siblings left me and were already downstairs waiting for me. "Why are there trunks?" Lucy asked while I set foot in the treasure room. Susan smiled at me and said, "Well, we're with five now."

How did they know I was coming?

I walked up to the trunk and opened it, I didn't notice my siblings glaring at me and Lucy standing next to me. When I opened it I saw a pair of trousers and a blouse.

How did they know I hate dresses and prefer trousers!?

But then something caught my eye, they were beautiful! Two silver daggers, with each second I looked at them the more details I saw. Firstly, you had the silver blade. On top of the blade, my initials were carved and alongside them there was also a quote engraved "Once a queen, always a queen" and when I turned it, it continued "Once a warrior, always a warrior".

Lucy was standing next to me, "Look at the handles" she whispered. When I did what she asked I was completely shocked, the handles matched my bracelet. This bracelet has an emotional meaning to me, let me explain it to you. When I served at a field hospital during the war there was this one soldier laying close to the border of no-man's-land. He was bleeding out and I begged my superiors to let me go get him but they refused because it was too dangerous, however, eventually I ignored my orders and went anyways. I saved that man's life and in order to thank me he gave me a bracelet, he said this bracelet would change my life forever. The bracelet was half of a shell (I really don't know why it's only half a shell), the mother of pearl on the inside of the shell was a beautiful colour. That beautiful colour matched the colour of the handles of the two daggers, I was intrigued by the design.

"This must be a coincidence" I said to Lucy. She answered, "In Narnia, there isn't such thing as a coincidence".

When I looked back in the trunk I noticed a note:

Dear Maria Pevensie,

I know your new to this world and it's traditions.

When your siblings came to Narnia for the first time they were just as clueless as you so don't worry about it, when they crossed my path I gave each of them a weapon to protect themselves. Now it's time for you to learn how to protect yourself because big things await you, so I gift you these two daggers designed by Aslan himself. Trust in the daggers and your instincts and the rest will follow. Just remember, everything has its reasons. Have faith in yourself!

Kind regards,

Father Christmas

When I looked up from the note I saw my siblings had gathered around me. After a short period of silence, Peter spoke first "Let's get changed so that we can get some training afterwards, I'm sure we're all a little rusty." We all agreed to it and started to change, after a while I broke the silence "How the hell did they know that I preferred pants over a dress?!". Lucy laughed "Aslan knows everything about everyone".

After we all changed we went down to the beach to have some training. Peter promised to learn me how to use my two steak knives while Lucy was throwing her dagger at a tree together with Susan who was training her archery skills. Edmund was being his stubborn self and claimed that he didn't need any practise.

Peter and I practised for several hours, I learned how to defend and attack now.

"What do you think big sis, will we put your new skills to the test?" I laughed at him and said "I'm ready when you are". Just like that he started swinging at me with his sword, I tried to defend myself but he dodged everything and shortly after that his sword was against my throat. "Come again," I said panting, now I learned I was thinking too much and that I had to trust my instincts. When Peter swung at me I dodged it and I swung one of my daggers at him which he avoided right on time. Peter was caught off guard by my sudden battle talent so I used that occasion to sweep him off his feet, before he knew it I was standing above him pointing one dagger to his throat and the other to his heart. " You're a quick learner sis, remember me to never mess with you again." Peter smiled. I helped my brother up and we joined the rest of our siblings, after some consideration, we decided to scout the area.