Chapter 8: Tears of Ice

Unknown place several years ago

"Naruto-kun!" A bright and lively voice pierced the stillness of the room. A small boy with blond hair shot up, startled. His blue eyes scanned the room before settling on the young woman who was standing in front of the door, a handkerchief wrapped around her forehead, keeping her long hazel hair out of her eyes as her golden-honey colored eyes looked down at the blond boy with fondness. 

"What's wrong, Misa-neechan?" He knew nothing was wrong, but that's how they always greeted each other in the morning. 

"Nothing!" Her voice rang out, sounding almost melodic to Naruto's ears as a grin threatened to crawl on his face. "Father just told me to wake you up for breakfast!" 

Naruto's eyes fluttered open, staring at the white ceiling above him with his sky blue eyes, a twinge of light purple fading away. He slowly sat up, his blanket falling into his lap as he rubbed his eyes with a small yawn. 

He looked over to the side and saw two empty bed spreads, indicating that Sasuke and Sakura were already up, greeting the day. He yawned again as he stood up. Staggering over to his bag, the blond teen opened it up and pulled out a scroll. Channeling a bit of chakra into his hand, he rolled the scroll across the floor before several pairs of clothes appeared in a puff of smoke. 

He grabbed a red long-sleeved shirt with orange stitching along the hem of the fabric. He then grabbed a pair of loose-fitting but comfortable grey workout pants. He didn't bother putting his shoes on as he looked outside and his eyes almost bulged out of his head. 

'It's noon? ALREADY?!' He mentally screamed as his eyes were hidden in the shadow of his hair. He dashed out of the room and down the stairs, his feet skidding on the wood as he heard the familiar voices of his teammates chattering with Tazuna and his daughter, Tsunami. 

The group felt the killing intent radiating off of the blond and Kakashi chuckled slightly. "Something wrong Naruto?" Naruto was quiet for a moment, his shoulders moving up and down as he started breathing slower. 

"I. . . missed breakfast?" Were the only words to come out of his mouth before the entire table save for a little boy sitting at the end of the table and Sasuke, erupted into laughter. Naruto's face flushed red as all of the tension in the room he created disappeared. "IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY! DON'T LAUGH AT ME!" He shouted, but the laughter only doubled in volume, causing Naruto to sulk. "Ah c'mon guys you didn't even save me a piece of bacon?" 

Tsunami, who tried her best to fight her continuing laughter, stood up from her seat and quickly retreated into the kitchen before emerging with a small baggy filled with bacon. "Here you go, Naruto-kun!" She exclaimed happily, handing the bag over to a weeping Naruto. 

"You're too good to me, I don't deserve this!" He cried as he happily munched on the bacon. Sakura rolled her eyes at her second teammate's actions. 

"Jeez Naruto, you're a shinobi for crying out loud! Who knew that all we need to get on your good side is a bag of bacon!" She said in a fake-annoyed tone, Naruto easily heard her amusement and merely kept eating the bacon.

Sasuke didn't bother rolling his eyes, focusing on eating the sandwich in his hands to get his energy up. He had been training alongside Sakura on the basics of tree walking, a technique that Naruto had already mastered. When asked, he only said that he was trained in secret by some of the higher-ups in the Anbu Corps due to him being Minato Namikaze's son.