𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

Gojo had been accurate with his description of Yuuji and Netero, who's names he later learned. Yuuji Itadori, the pink haired boy, seemed to love children, curse or human, and practically smothered the poor boy with affection. Mono almost fainted. How were these people so god damn nice. Well, not all the people. Netero looked like Mono was about to bite head off. There were two dark pools where his eyes were supposed to be, and his crinkles standed out more than Six's bright yellow rain coat. He looked like The Teacher, the resemblance was frightening, so of course he stayed near Yuuji and Gojo, keeping the old man at a safe eight feet distance.

Mono felt an once of fear in the back of his mind at how much he took a liking to Yuuji. The boy was kind, approachable, friendly, and had an immeasurable amount of energy, and he never stopped talking. Mono liked his friendliness. It was new, but for the first time in Mono's life, it was a good new. I mean, granted, the boy had a second mouth on the right side of his cheek trying to provoke him or answer questions, but it wasn't much compared to the dented and twirled faces of The Viewers or the huge eyeballs that watched his every move.

Of course, nothing lasted forever.

The gloomy elder spoke his first sentence since Mono has seen him. He spoke them to Gojo, and they were about him, Mono. The man acted like the black haired boy was incapable of understanding Japanese.

"Satoru, why are you being friendly with the curse? Mind you, he emerged from a special grade cursed object. Remember that." Hissed the bitter man, his features one of annoyance. Gojo replied "He's ten years old, Netero." annoyance also made it's way onto the man. Subtly, barely there. Mono didn't know if anyone else saw it because of how well the silver haired man hid it. "It's a curse. What if it's just  faking?" Ouch. "Well if he tries to hurt anyone, we can just kill him, old man." Double ouch. If Mono didn't know to be on his best behavior before, he definitely did now. Yuuji saw this confrontation and took to lifting the small boy off his feet, lifting him up, and twirling him around in circles. Mono openly laughed with the strawberry haired teenager. How refreshing. Yuuji was so refreshing.

Itadori had successfully distracted the child while the two adults talked and argued and debated, all while showering Mono in compliments that the boy honestly didn't know how to respond to. He knew that he's-- they've broken the loop, but god damn this was more than he could ever expect. This place was a worthy competitor of heaven.

The fun was ruined, however, when Gojo walked up to them. "Oi, kiddo," he addressed Mono. The boy had to crane his neck a ridiculous amount to look up at the man. "we're going to the old man's office so we can ask you a few questions. Itadori will be back after it, aight? aight." A hand was firmly placed on his back as he was lead to the sunken-eyed man. Gojo left him next to Netero before walking back to Yuuji.

"Itadori," the older man mumbled as to not be heard "go tell the others about what has happened. They will not be meeting Mono for about another week. I will collect you after the interrogation." his words were quiet, short, and to the point. He leaned away from the teenager and patted his strawberry locks. Even though the man couldn't see him, he nodded anyways and started on his way back to the study room where his classmate were left.

When Gojo walked back over to the duo, he was met with the sight of a clearly uncomfortable ten year old and the higher up. Ah, so Mono was afraid of Netero. Makes sense.

Mono looked up to see the half-face of the mentor once hearing his footsteps. He didn't even bother hiding his look of relief. Finally, the godsend has arrived, that was the most awkward 10 seconds of his life, and he's been with Six before. He allowed the blindfolded man to press his back with his hand while they walked to wherever they were going. Why does Gojo have a blindfold on? How can he see like that? He brushed off his questions. They're going to some room to ask questions, so Mono could ask his questions as well. The walk had a looming tension between Mono and Netero, that neither of them wanted to verbally acknowledge.

this one is like, suuuuuuper short. the next chapter will be longer I swear lol