𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

"How old are you?" Yoshinobu asked, staring the young boy down from where he sat. Mono gulped.

"I... I'm..." I thought I established my  age like, not too long ago? How old did I say I was? "Ten? Yeah, I'm ten."

Gojo sighed, "I already asked him that." the higher up only sent him a glare. Neither of the other males in the room could see it, the shadow overtaking the elder's eyes, but they certainly felt it. Yoshinobu looked away after he realized Gojo wasn't effected. He focused his attention back to Mono, the boy classified as a curse who fell out of a television the other day, and who also appeared to be incredibly confused and frightened. Like a lil bunny, Gojo thought childishly.

"Do you know where you are, Curse?"

The blindfolded man child crossed his arms, angling his head to give Yoshinobu a lazy stare. "I asked him that too," he said "can't you, like, ask the important questions?" the higher up gave his another glare, more heated than the last. Mono looked between the both.

"Fine then. Curse, how did you get through that television?" the black haired boy looked down at his feet, once dirty but seemed to be kind-of cleaned feet (probably taken care of in his sleep, when these strange people were putting weird cloths and wrappings on his skin). "Um, I just... pushed up against it and I was going through a tube, then I was here. I call it warping. I passed out when I was being carried to this place, though." he looked up from his feet to see their reactions. The bearded man was making symbols on a piece of paper. Mono scrunched his face in confusion. The Teacher did something close to that, he recalled, yet she didn't seem to know what exactly she was doing with that chalk. Just a few squiggles. Was Netero like The Teacher? Mono shivered violently. Yeesh, I hope not...

This time, it was Gojo who asked a question, after the higher up stopped "doodling."

"So where were you before you warped?"

"I don't want to talk about it." Mono's small voice was suspiciously quick to respond. The higher up frowned, his eyebrows furrowing in annoyance.

"Listen here, you monster. I could kill you right now if I wished to do so. You're only alive right now because I allow you too; answer the damn questions and you're chance of survival is just a bit more higher." He snapped, and the elder looked like if it were up to him the boy would already be torn to shreds. Mono gasped and shrunk into his seat, making himself small and doing little to hide his fear. Monster? Monster? He'd never been insulted so deeply, or so heavily. Maybe he wasn't safe, maybe he was brought here to suffer even more, like how life usually played out for him.

His ears briefly picked up the scraping of a chair before he was pulled into the man's-- Gojo's-- arms. "Woah, woah!" said the silver haired man in genuine surprise. Mono was lifted up and squished closer to the man. "Damn, old man, he's just a kid! A curse, but a kid. I thought even you would have known that, or maybe you're just going senile?" Gojo teased

The "old man" grumbled under his breath in annoyance. Mono, looking over his shoulder, could see the elder's want to argue back. Though he looked extremely reluctant. Thankfully he didn't in the end. Gojo sat down into Mono's seat, the child resting on his lap.

"Okay. Well, you still have to answer the question, even if Satoru here is sparing your life."

Wait, Satoru? Wasn't his name Gojo?

"I thought you're name was Gojo," Mono wondered aloud. Gojo smiled at him. "Yep! My name is Satoru Gojo." this only seemed to confuse the boy more. "You have two names?"

The elder cleared his throat loudly. "Stop avoiding the question, you damn curse. Where were you before you came here." Mono went shy again as he curled into himself on the blindfolded man's lap. Gojo-- or Satoru, Mono didn't grasp the concept of two names-- nudged him encouragingly.

"Um-- I--" he stammered.

"Get on with it!" Yoshinobu barked, causing the boy to flinch and the sorcerer cradling him to give a condescending look.

"The Signal Tower!"

Silence passed in the room, Mono looking between the two men cautiously, his lips pursed. Gojo was thinking deeply, trying to rack his memory if he's ever heard of a "Signal Tower" before. While Yoshinobu was staring at the child like the boy was on something.

"Elaborate," was all the higher up said.

Mono blinked owlishly at him, "What does elaborate mean?" His question almost set Yoshinobu off, but Gojo sensed that he would react like that and cut in at the right time "He's ten, Yoshinobu ," he reminded the bearded man, who let out a heavily exaggerated sigh with barely contained rage.

"Okay, next question: Why are you here? And what are your intentions?"

Uh... ummmmm. I mean, why AM I here?

Mono stared dumbly at the ceiling for a few moments while the other men waited (mostly) patiently. They could both see the gears turning in the small child's head, trying to come up with a good response that wouldn't get him killed, the higher up's threat still fresh in his mind. "I escaped from The Signal Tower, and I don't really have 'intentions', if I did they aren't bad ones. I just want to survive, I guess." he said truthfully.

Survive? Both men thought at the same time. Youshinobu, once again, "doodled" on his piece of paper as he did after every question was answered, turning his head back up to look the pair dead in the eyes. "We do need to have more questions answered, but we will learn with time. Until then, the Curse will stay with Yuuji or Gojo, I'll let you figure the living arrangements out. Listen here, Curse," the higher up turned his full focus onto the small boy in the sorcerer's lap, his features turning scornful "any threatening actions and I'll have your head sliced clean of your shoulders in an instant. You haven't earnt my trust, so watch yourself. We aren't done here." he continued to monologue, and threat, but stopped halfway through his speech when he noticed the large hands that covered the Curse's ears. The elder's brows furrowed in annoyance. He, Yoshinobu, stood up and grabbed a pair of identical black bands from his side of the desk, one's that Mono hasn't acknowledged until now. The bearded man walked around the wooded table and closer to Mono, making the black haired child lean further into Gojo. He was understandably scared of the sunken-eyed, monster-looking figure that appeared to have some sort of vendetta against him. The man also realized this, so he opted to handing the bands to the silver haired man.

"Oooo, haven't used these in ages! Ankles or wrists?" Gojo asked in his usual, cheerful tone. Mono tilted his head to the side. What?

"Do whatever," Yoshinobu brushed it off going back to his side of the desk, his back facing them. Mono leaned up to Gojo, who he had begun to warm up to, and cupped a hand around his mouth to whisper to the man, "Why is he looking at the wall so ominously?" the man sniggered at his question. The child didn't actually get what was funny about it, but he laughed with him anyways.

Yoshinobu swung back around and was about to snap. But Yuuji, the godsend he was, entered at the perfect moment. He peeped his head through, Gojo and Mono turning their heads towards him. Mono waved, feeling a sense of giddiness when the teenager waved back, giving the boy a warm smile. "Itadori, I thought I told you to not interrupt?" Gojo asked, malice nowhere to be heard. Yuuji laughed sheepishly, "Oh yeah, you did. Well, uh, the others really want to meet Mono, and Nobara brought an entire Easy Bake oven and made cookies."

"I-- Nobara did what?--"

Yuuji cut him off, the elders glare giving him the social cue to leave. "I don't know, It's Nobara! She probably has, like, an entire suitcase up her skirt-- again, I have no idea. Anyways, I'll be off! Join us for cookies after this interrogation thingy-- bring Mono!" and with that he was off.

"Wait, no! I said that they wouldn't be meeting for a week!"

heyyyy this ones shitty so yeah.

explanation for a few things i suggest you read this:
mono doesnt know words like "elaborate", yet he does know "ominous", the explanation for this is that while with Six he picked up some words from Six's slightly-more-advanced vocabulary, so he knows some words but not know others. mono is also illiterate, which is why Netero note taking looked so weird to him. the bracelet lookin things will be used in the next chapter, i haven't forgotten abt them.

apart from that sry for any loopholes that this chapter might have! im super fuckin tired rn and cant rly focus. anyways cyaaaa