Chapter 6

"Ok, you'll be stay with me, Skylar!" Dawn says. She grabs my hand and leads me down through the pokemon center, leaving the boys behind. We enter the room 256. Dawn heads into the bathroom.

"This girl is full of energy," Absol says. I nod. Absol nudges me with his head, the looks out the window. Swellow is perched on the window.

"What are you doing here, Swellow?" I ask/shout.

"Meh, it was boring flying around the city so I stopped bye!" Swellow responds. It's still hard to believe she evolved yesterday. It feels as if she's always been a Swellow. I roll my eyes, taking out my brush. Houndour and Weavile pop out of their pokeballs.

"Thought I heard Swellow," Weavile says, crossing his arms. I sigh and roll my eyes again. These pokemon.

"Can we let her in?" Houndour asks. I look at him as if he's crazy. The same look he gave me earlier.

"Are you crazy? Sorry, Swellow. But, Dawn doesn't know I have Swellow. Don't want anything to happen," I say.

"I'm tired. I'm ready to go back into my pokeball," Swellow says. I open the window and return her. A nice breeze comes in. I feel peaceful, until, of course, Dawn barges in.

"Why did you open the window?" Dawn questions. "It's cold in here!"

I shut the window.

"I'm gonna take a nap. Wake me up when you want to leave for dinner. I know a pretty good place," Dawn says, flopping down on one of then beds. She curls up while I go into the bathroom with my back pack.

"HEY! CAN YOU HERE ME?" I hear, no joke, Swellow's voice. What the?

"Uh, yes? I respond.

It works! There's this thing that let's me talk to you!" Swellow says. Oh, brother. I never get a break, do I?

"Cool! I have to get ready now," I say, smiling. I must look like an idiot who talks to herself.

I turn on the water. It's been awhile since I've showered, so I might as well do so. When I shower, the purple hair dye runs down and into the drain. I'll have to replace it again. I scrub off the dirt. I've been traveling for 3 days now, 2 days since I met these people. I feel that they are my friends.

I step out of the shower, wrapping a towel around myself. Then, I pull the hair dye out. The label says "APPLY ON DRY HAIR ONLY". Great, I'll have to go out without half my disguise. Yay.

I replace my contacts, my vision blurring for a moment when they aren't in. I roll my wrist and get changed into new clothes. A red t-shirt and jean capris. Glancing at the mirror, I see most of my hair dye is still intact. I'll be fine. My hair is brushed through quickly. It's easier now that it's short.

I walk out the bathroom and see Dawn is still sleeping. Absol, Houndour, and Weavile are all curled up on the bed together, watching TV. I'm surprised Dawn hasn't woke up yet, with all the racket my pokemon are making. I sit down on the bed next to Weavile, smiling.

When I look at Houndour again, I think of that question. Why hasn't he evolved? Why? He's so strong, very strong. I'm really proud of him, all that we went through together.

~Flashback~

"Hey, Mark? Why do you have so many more pokemon than me? I only have two and Sneasel hates me!" my 10 year old self asks Mark.

"He really does hate you! He won't even talk to you!" Absol snickers. I glare at him.

"Not sure. Maybe cause there are less dark types?" Mark answers. Suddenly, grass rustles around us. A Houndour jumps out. Mark pulls a pokeball out. I act right away.