A New Emotion

A month has nearly gone by since Kara and Ellie arrived on Earth and there was something clawing at the back of Kara's mind. It's been a month and yet there was no sign of any bounty hunters coming to collect Barry.

She kept it a secret because she didn't want to worry Barry. If he knew he was being hunted he would instantly take it upon himself to keep everyone besides himself safe. She knew the dangers of doing this and the chance someone will get hurt but as long as he's safe is all that matters to her.

She softly bit her lip while resting her head on Barry's chest while they finished watching a movie as she glanced up to look at him. The gentle look in his eyes is something she never wanted to see fade.

Their movie was interupted by a knock at the door. She pulled her glasses down and concentrated her x-ray vision and saw Ellie and Caitlin on the other side of the door.

"I'll get it." Kara said jumping up from the couch and walking over and swinging the door open.

"Hello." Ellie beamed while bouncing on her feet.

"You're happy." Barry said from the couch, "You guys were out for a while."

"She gets distracted easily." Caitlin said with a small sigh.

"Hey....." Ellie whined, "This is my first time exploring a city without being stared at weirdly."

"You were being stared at weirdly." Caitlin added, "But we had fun."

"Mmmhmm." Ellie nodded.

"Oh Barr, Lena's in town and she messaged me about her hosting a party for L-Corp. She wants us to come." Caitlin said as Barry smiled at the mention of her name which didn't go unnoticed by his girlfriend.

"Of course. I've been meaning to catch up with her."

"And.......I may or may or not of mentioned Kara in my message." Caitlin said, "Lena said she's welcome to come if she wants."

"If that's okay with you?" He asked looking at the blonde Kryptonian who was chewing on her bottom lip.

"Y-Yeah sure."

Kara furrowed her eyebrows trying to figure out what this burning sensation in her chest was. The mention of another woman's name and seeing the smile grow on Barry's face upon hearing her name made her feel uncomfortable.

Ellie squinted her eyes slightly at Kara and she could hear Kara's heart rate speed up. Jealousy was something new to her. She's never been in love so she's finally discovering the emotions that come with it.

"Go call her. She misses you." Caitlin said softly as Barry nodded stood up from the couch and walked onto the balcony.

Ellie walked up to her sister and stood on her tiptoes, "Are you jealous?" She whispered.

"N-No." Kara quickly answered.

"Mmmmm, you're jelly." Ellie smiled.

Kara had to admit it to herself. She was jealous. The sight of hearing another woman's name then seeing Barry smile like an idiot was something that bothered her. She knew it was wrong but she honed in her hearing to eavesdrop on his phone call with Lena.

"Hey Lena." Barry smiled.

"Barry, it's been so long." Lena answered, presumely with her own smile, "I really hope you can make it down to my party."

"Of course I can." He said.

"Annnnnd Caitlin mentioned a girlfriend of yours." Lena said as a blush spread across his cheeks.