/chapter three/

The rabbit and the bath

TW: kinda spicy (?) chapter

-What is that, Thorfinn?- Ragnar asked, pointing at the rabbit the boy was holding.

-A rabbit?- He answered a bit annoyed already.

-I can see that... Would you like to come inside and bring it with you so we can make a good dinner for Canute?- Ragnar, even though he did not like the boy, was clever enough to know he could be a good ally.

-Tsk...- he hesitated. That was his rabbit.- Okay.- Thorfinn muttered.

The two men walked inside finding a young Canute in a ponytail, making soup. Thorfinn wondered why the heir had such delicate features. "He looks like a girl" he thought to himself everytime he was with the future king.

-What is that?- Canute asked. Thorfinn looked at Ragnar in disbelief: how the heck did they ask the same dumb questions?

-A fucking rabbit, isn't it obvious to your eyes you moron?- he halff-screamed. Canute flinched but was happy to hear his crush's voice.

-Yes, sorry. It was a dumb question.- Thorfinn sighed but sat down, letting the prince have his rabbit.

The cooking was done in silence. The viking boy was following every step Canute made and the latter could feel it: the intense gaze was so overwhelming that once or twice he had to stop doing what he was doing to calm the fast beating of his heart.

-That 's it. Have some.- Canute offered Thorfinn and Ragnar their portion of food and the two of them gladly accepted it.

The prince waited for a reaction, ginning when the viking boy's cheeks turned red and his eyes sparkled in happiness. He was the reason Thorfinn was happy and that made him the luckiest boy on the Earth for a second.

-Is it good, Son of Thors?- Ragnar asked. Thorfinn only nodded, eyes still glued to his plate.- I am glad to hear that.- he looked at Canute, who was drooling over the image of his food being liked by someone like Thorfinn, and understood silently.- I am sure his Highness is also glad to hear that, am I right?

Canute muttered a thin awkward "yes" because the viking boy was now gazing at him, waiting for his response.

After they had finished the food, Ragnar had to go outside to talk with Askeladd about Thorkell and his plans, which resulted in Canute and Thorfinn being in the same room alone for the first time. The prince was clearly nervous but the other boy seemed so unbothered that made the girl looking heir feel a mixture of jealousy and hurt.

-So... did you actually like my food?- Canute asked timidly.

-Yeah, I did. You cook well, princess.- he smirked.

-Do not call me that, I am a man.- Canute claimed in a high-pitched voice that just made Thorfinn laugh a bit.

-Sure, whatever you say, beautiful.- The prince opened his eyes in surprise. Did Thorfinn just call him beautiful?

-Do you...- he shutted himself up.

-Do I what, Canute?- Thorfinn approached the blue-eyed one a bit more and waited for him to finish his sentence.

The prince took a big breath and with cheeks tinted with red continued:

-Do you think I am attractive?- he finished with a whisper, looking at the floor with sweaty hands. He couldn't believe himself, why would he ask a question like that to a person like that?