Cheerleader

Wilkerson Sister

Chapter 12

Cheerleader

I was eating lunch with Stevie and Malcolm, stuck with hanging out with my brother and his friend until I met some new ones. I was friends with Shelly for years, didn't really talk to anyone else. My baseball friends shared lunches with me, though not today for some reason ( I think they were in trouble) and we did have the same classes.

I glanced over and hearing chanting. I stopped drinking my milk and saw the cheerleeding squad cheering something. It was full of girls and one or two boys, including that one kid that always had his hand up his butt. Yeah, it was weird.

Malcolm and Stevie were having some Krelboyne conversation about crap I didn't care about, some singing thing that happened when me and Malcolm were playing basketball with a couple of boys from class. I laughed when I got it out of Malcolm, his Krelboyne class still makes me feel disbelief. Sure, I've always know my brother was smart, but sometimes he seemed like an alien.

Stevie glanced over and looked at me. "Did you...want to join...Charlie?"

I looked at the cheerleaders, at Stevie, back at the cheerleaders and then shared a look with Malcolm. We burst into laughter at the thought of me joining something like that. Malcolm snickered some more and I sent Stevie a serious look. "Steve, that's never gonna happen. Baseball, basketball and hockey. That's more my speed. Never that."

Malcolm nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you'll never see a Wilkerson as a cheerleader, trust me, Stevie."

Stevie shrugged, eating his lunch. "Whatever...you say...you two."

Little did we know...

I was in the kitchen, eating cereal and Dewey was on the couch. It was about 8. I glanced away from Dad, he was reading the paper. I was in jeans and one of my favorite plaid shirts. I patted my shoulders. "Crap."

Mom sent me a warning look. "Charlotte."

I winced, hurrying to apologize before I had to swallow soap. "Sorry, Mom."

She went back to cleaning up the kitchen.

I went in our room to see Malcolm standing by the bathroom, the door open and steam coming out. "Hey, you seen my jacket, the grey hoodie."

Malcolm was sending a freaked out look by the bathroom. I rolled my eyes, slapping him on the shoulder. "Dude, what's with you?"

I looked to see Reese looking in the mirror and combing his hair. I stared, lost. "What...what are you doing, man?"

Reese glanced at me and rolled his eyes. "Are you and Malcolm stupid? I took a shower, that's all." Malcolm didn't ever react to being called stupid. I glanced around and saw it was a mess, with soap all over the tub and even the styling gel was used. I was starting to get nervous. What was going on? Me and Malcolm shared a worried look. Was it going to get us beat up? It was what we thought about whenever either Reese or Francis was being weird.

I shook my head. " And Mom didn't make you." At his glare, I raised my hands up in peace. "Whatever." I grinned when I saw my hoodie and slipped it on over my head. Sometimes it got really cold in class.

I walked back into the T.V room. "Heads up, Reese is lookin' weird."

Dad looked over. "Really, how?"

Mom sent him a look, standing next to him. "Hal, stop that. And Charlie, leave your brother alone, he's not doing anything to you."

I shrugged. "Sure."