Lois Vs Evil

The Wilkerson Sister

Chapter 9

Lois VS Evil

I walked out of my room, where I finished my homework. Mom threatened to ground me for two weeks if I didn't. So what if my grades were a little lower from last grading period? And it could possibly be from homework not being turned in. But...I still didn't want to do it, but I had no choice.

I stared at what was going on in the kitchen. Mom was spraying Reese and Malcolm on the floor, who were rolling around and fighting. Dad was in the kitchen too and I could hear Dewey chanting something, banging his head on the washer.

I rolled my eyes at Dewey, stepping back as Dad passed me with a beer. I went toward the fridge and my eyes widened when Mom pointed the hose at me. "Ah! What?"

"Young lady, did you do your homework like I told you?"

I nodded quickly, raising my hands in surrender. "Yeah! Yeah, I did."

I stepped away from Reese and Malcolm where they almost tripped me. I didn't want to fight with them if they annoyed me. Mom still had the hose. I went to open the fridge and heard the hose turn on. "I told you to knock it off!"

I looked in there and brightened up when I saw a lone slice of pizza. Knowing this was a once and a lifetime deal, I snatched it and ran into the living room, jumping over the couch and putting the T.V on. I ate it cold, knowing it was too risky heating it up in the microwave with Malcolm and Reese in there. They'd steal it from me.

I could still hear Mom screaming at them and more water being sprayed. Also, Dewey's 'complaining' singing getting louder. I rolled my eyes again. He deserves what he gets.

I just turned the T.V up louder.

I was sitting with Shelly at lunch. It was awesome to be hanging out with her again. I tried not to think about when she was leaving. I burst out laughing as I watched Malcolm space out as Julie said 'hi' to him, saying it too late. Shelly shook her head at me. "You're so mean."

I shrugged at her, saying simpily. "It's just Malcolm."

Malcolm made a face as he saw me laughing and I just sent him a smug smirk. I went back to talking to Shelly, getting her to help me with the math homework. Long Division was okay, but fractions were annoying. And we started adding negatives yesterday.

I yelped at the sharp pain to the back of my head. I grabbed and turned to see Malcolm storming away from me, the back of his head and his ears red. I scowled in his direction, moving to get up and hit him back. Shelly grabbed the back of my shirt and I let her pull me back down. "Let it go, you did start it."

I sent a pout in her direction. "You're supposed to be on my side."

She sent me a teasing smile. "When did we agree on that?"

I fake groaned. "You traitor!"

I let my head hit the table. She giggled. "Okay, now back to math."

I gave a more genuine groan. "Agh, kill me now."

We were going over it and as negatives and positives still confused me, Shelly hesitated. "Soon, you're gonna need a tutor, you know when...I-"

I flailed my arms, pointing hard at the paper a couple of time. "Help me! Help me!" I wasn't letting her finish that sentence.

She sent me a soft frown, but nodded. "Okay, here's what you do..."

I went with Reese and Malcolm to pick up Dewey, and then walked to Mom's store, The Lucky Aide. She's been working there for who knows how long. It was a store that had almost everything there.