Chapter Three - Quarantine Queries

You pulled up infront of a large metal gate that casted a shadow so long, it managed to cover your whole car. You waited for a few minutes, yet no one came or showed up to come and help you get in. Finally, you resorted to honking the car horn.

Beeeeeeeeep!

"Augh, Jordan! You shouldn't have done that!" Keith hisses as he punches you on the shoulder. "Those walkin' brainless peeps are going to come around and attack us!"

"What do you mean?" you asked obliviously.

"Those blighters are attracted to noise. It's a wonder you still haven't figgered that out!"

You simply shrug at him as a reply.

Not a minute has passed by and sure enough, the zombies started popping up. They all looked confused at first as they bobbed their heads around in search for the source of the ear blasting sound. But seconds later their stares would fix on your car and they would start limping towards it.

"Uh oh." Keith gulped.

You were about to go in reverse and ditch the original plan, when the gate rattled and caved in. You saw a person dressed in a blue long sleeve button down polo shirt tucked in his black cotton pants, with matching black leather shoes. He also sported a blue peaked cap, and a shiny gold badge was pinned onto his lapel. You couldn't be mistaken; standing right beside the now open gate was a police man. He pointed at you with open hands, then bent his elbows, which made him look like he was flexing in an odd way.

You took that as a sign to "get in".

You quickly stepped on the gas pedal, which made the tires screech, which added to the noise that was already endagering you, which in turn added more blighters to the horde that was already after you. That was a lot of whiches, there.

 You and your group got in safely, and the metal gates were drawn back closed. You could hear the blighters pound aimlessly from the other side in pursuit of you. So far, they hadn't been so lucky with that.

The police man then approached you and tapped on the driver's side window. It seemed like he wanted to talk to you, so you rolled the windows down.

"G'Morning, sunshines!" he greets you as he places his hands on his waist. "We're going to do a little inspection of ya'll, if you don't mind. It's just our job, nothing personal.  We just need to ensure the safety of the people around here, ya'know, living in what's left of modern civilization."

"That's okay, I guess." Krista mumbles.

"Well alright then! If you could please just park your car on the corner over there, and follow me on foot to the quarantine area." he says as he points to a musty spot.

Skipping ahead, you turned off the engine and unlocked the doors, and your group members started filing out. You noticed right before you stepped out of the car that the gas was nearly empty. Deciding that you wouldn't be needing some any time soon, you went ahead and followed the rest of them to the said qurantine area.

The police leads your group to a building nearby, which you immediately recognized as a hospital you once used to visit. Your mind races back to a few days ago, and you tried remembering the events that had occured back then.

      Alright, what is the patient's name?

      Jordan.

      Jordan who?

      M-Maron. Jordan Maron.

      Ah, of course. Mr. Maron, it's good to have you back. It has been a while, hasn't it? I almost didn't recognize you.