Chapter Five - Coins and their Two Sides

The moment you had the door shut, Krista launched herself like a rag doll towards the nearest bed. She rolled around playfully for bit, and finally stops with her back against the soft cushion. A huge grin had found its way to her face, which made her look very different from before.

"Oh. My. God." she says, almost as if grasping for air. "This is freaking heaven!"

"I know, right? And look!" Keith exclaims a bit too enthusiastically as he opens the bathroom door. "A shower! And a bath tub! A freaking bath tub!"

"I wanna stay here forever." Krista sighs in relief.

"Dibs on the tub! I'm gonna make the most out of this bath..." Keith declares, already stripping himself off his dirty red v-neck shirt.

"Do that inside the bathroom!" you hissed as you pushed him in the bathroom. "And, close the door."

"Now that that problem is solved, I'm gonna take a nap." Krista says excitedly.

Seeing no other things to really bother with, you decided to do the same. You walked towards the middle bed and crashed into it. Despite having done almost nothing at all today, you never realized how exhausted you were. Perhaps you had a little too much heart pounding moments that it actually caused you to do some form of "exercise". After all, you were the sort of person who would rather sit in front of a computer and play video games all day rather than strolling lazilly in a park, picking flowers up and all that crap. No, sir; that wasn't your personality. Although you did display some of your abilities to execute crazy flips and parkours as a teenager, you never were remarked for doing those as an adult.

Nevermind the past, you thought. It doesn't matter now. All I need to do is to survive.

You closed your eyes and tried catching some sleep, and if you were somehow conscious as to what had happened at that time, you would be surprised at how fast you fell asleep. Your body finally surrenders to the bed, and it was ready to call everything that transpired a day. You were at the verge of entering a dream when all of a sudden, your sleeping sub-consciousness kicks in. What about Samantha?

You quickly darted your eyes open and you sat up in a jolt, as if you had just woken up from a nightmare. You were disoriented for a bit, seeing as how your surroundings were a bit darker than before. Checking your wristwatch, it told you the time was 5:54 PM, which probably explains it. You inspected the other beds. Both were occupied by the siblings. Keith must be done with his bath, and from the looks of it, Krista had already taken hers, too. You were left as the dirtiest survivor of the group. But at least you were the one most tolerant to sleepiness. You then decided that you too should take the hygienic way. You stood up and unstrapped your wristwatch, and placed it on top of the table beside your bed. You then went inside the bathroom and shut the door tight, and despite the others sleeping, locked the door with the push button.

You started unclothing yourself by pulling your shirt off from the bottom-up, and proceeded to unpinning your jeans and pulling them off your legs. You removed all other items unnecessary to bathing off of you, and caught a glimpse of yourself in the mirror right before you hopped in the shower cubicle thingy. You noticed a scar cutting above your left cheekbone. You wondered how it go on your face, and wondered why you never noticed it before. You decided to just shrug the problem off and proceed to take a bath. You stood in front of the unfamiliar shower set, and started tinkering with the various knobs and levers. One made cold water spout from the shower hose, which made you retreat in a surprise. After a few minutes, you managed to get the right amount of heat and water to pour down on your body. You stood there silently as rain-like droplets massaged your head and back. Like any other person taking a shower, you started thinking deep thoughts about your life. How did this shit spread so quickly? Why do they exist? Why does existence exist? Many trivial things, really. You unconsciously proceed to doing your daily shower routines. Massaging shampoo unto your not-so-curly hair, rubbing soap against your skin, forming a lather of bubbles, which were quickly wiped away by the shower water. After a while, you decided enough was enough, and so you turned the shower off, and took a towel off the towel rack, and wrapped yourself neatly in it.