3.Infinity and Beyond

*Smut Ahead*

*Smut Ahead*

"Sweetheart?" Steve pondered softly, voice like honey and silk as he sat himself a little bit away from y/n. His girlfriend shifted slightly, humming in acknowledgement. "Can we talk?"

"I'm sorry." Y/n burst out instantly, voice shaking with fear of losing him.

"For what?" Steve asked, looking over at y/n through his lashes.

"For being difficult. I'm sorry that I can't control it." She explained calmly, a wobble to her voice.

"It's not your fault. Besides, we all have our traumas." Y/n looked over to see Steve offering a wide, albeit slightly strained, smile in reassurance.

"But it's not fair on you. It never is." Y/n whispered, a tear slithering over her hot cheek.

"I forgive you." Steve sighed with a smile that had y/n on the verge of tears. He looked so hurt, so broken and yet he was sacrificing his own happiness for hers and Bucky's.

"Okay." Was all y/n managed to say, voice weak. She gave him a small nod before scooting over to rest her head against his shoulder.

...
"So you're telling me that Nat and Okeye...?" Y/n trailed off, eyes bugged out at the piece of information Steve had just divulged. The man could barely contain himself, giving her a nod and a hum.

Y/n exhaled deeply, pushing her food around her plate with her fork whilst Steve took another bite of his own.

"Wow. I don't know how I didn't see that coming." The girl admitted and Steve chuckled, a low rumble in his chest.

"Do you want more wine?" Steve asked, eyes darting to where the waiters were stood.

"Steve! You are a menace, trying to intoxicate me!" Y/n squealed and Steve laughed.

"What?"

"Not everyone is immune to alcohol, as much as they wish they were the day after." She chided and Steve considered her point.

"Fair enough. How's your food? Better than my cooking?" Steve pondered, scooping the last mouthful of his rice up.

"By far. This makes your cooking seem shit."

"Hey!" Steve exclaimed, dropping his fork to his plate to playfully flick y/n's arm.

"What?" She laughed, flicking him back, "you're the one who asked!"

"Well, I'd hoped that you'd at least cushion the blow." Steve mumbled with fake hurt and y/n shook her head.

"That is the reason you're in love with Bucky. You're in love with me because I'm hot." Y/n smirked and Steve just shook his own head with a wide grin.

"You're going to be the death of me." Y/n's responding grin wash a slash of mischief as she swallowed the last of her own meal. She threw him a wink.