Chapter 9: Being on best behavior

Shanzay's POV

I stomped towards the kitchen. Just when I thought that this day was going well. But it all had to be ruined by a "Grinch" of a man. You know Grinch right? The one that ruined Christmas. And this Azlaan, he ruined my day uhhh!

I poured another glass of cold drink careful not to spill anything between my incoherent cursing.

Placing the glass in the tray, I walked towards the drawing-room to hand over the cold drink to Grinch err- I mean Azlaan. I offered the glass of cold drink to Azlaan which he took and passed a teasing smile to me.

"I seriously want to empty all the contents of this glass on his face and wipe off this teasing smile of his," I muttered under my breath.

I sat beside Noor who was sitting on the sofa looking bored.

"Or beta Shanzay...What's up these days? What are you studying?" Aunty Rehana asked me.

"Just Studies, in a month or two I have Finals coming up and I am studying BBA"

"Oh that's great beta, Azlaan also studies in the same University as yours, he is doing MBA."

"Oh..."

G g aunty mujh se behtar kon jan sakta hai...

(Who can know that better than me?)

"Agr kabhi koi bhi help chahiye ho ya koi bhi problem ho to Ap Azlaan ko contact kr lena, he'll be there."

(If you need any help or have a problem feel free to contact Azlaan)

Madad or Mr Grinch kr hi na de yeh madad han aafat bn kr zrur a skta hai.

(Help expected from Mr. Grinch?, Impossible! He can only cause problems.)

"Sure Aunty I will" I answered with a smile.

"Shanzay go and check if Sadia has set all the things at the dining table," Ammi told me.

"Ok, Ammi."

I found this the perfect opportunity to slip away from that lime-light conversation. Don't get me wrong I don't dislike Uncle and Aunty, it's just that I don't like to talk with the focus of attention on me.

Everything was set perfectly at the dining table and all the food was ready.

"Sadia Aunty Please call everyone in the Dining Room for dinner."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azlaan's POV

I never knew this evening would be so entertaining. Never in a million years, I would have thought that I would meet this clumsy black cat err- I mean Shanzay here. Can't wait to tell this to Hamad he'll surely faint.

When she brought the Cold drink I couldn't contain my laughter.

"Or beta Shanzay...What's up these days? What are you studying?" Ammi asked her.

"Just Studies, in a month or two I have Finals coming up and I am studying BBA" she replied to Ammi

BBA? Impossible! I think she is doing a degree in doing arguments

"Oh that's great beta, Azlaan also studies in the same University as yours, he is doing MBA."

"Oh..." she replied

Oh to aise keh rhi hai jese larai to kisi or k sath ki thi us din

(Look how she pretended to not know me as if she fought with someone else that day)