Chapter 4: The bond of Friendship

So here's the fourth chapter of presumption I hope you all will like it...please do let me know in comments and vote :D

Azlaan's POV

I practically ran towards my class. Oh boy! I am so going to be in trouble. When I reached the class as expected Professor Manan had already started the lecture. I knocked on the door and asked for permission. Professor Manan immediately stopped his lecture, fixed his glasses and glared at me from the corner of his eyes. I scratched the back of my head nervously...

"May I ask you why did you bother to come at this late hour to my class young man?" Professor Manan asked

"Uh-I...um sir actually--"I tried to say until he cut me off sharply

"Enough with this nonsense! I don't want to hear any excuses settle down somewhere, you are already wasting my time"

And without wasting a single second I dashed towards the nearest empty seat in the class and Sir Manan continued his lecture.

During the lecture, my thoughts wandered to today's weird encounter. That girl-there was something about her. She was very weird. I never thought someone could react so in vain, it wasn't much of a deal and she was panicking like that was some kind of life-saving document and how foolish of her to think she will fail if she didn't submit them. I chuckled at the thought.

"MR AZLAAN MURTAZA!! CARE TO EXPLAIN WHAT'S SO FUNNY?"

Professor's voice boomed in the class and I was brought back to reality.

"I-it's nothing professor, I am sorry," I said clearly embarrassed.

"Get out of the class now!" he roared.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"HAHAHAHAHAHA....what has gotten into you man? You should have seen your face. You were smiling like a dumb-founded freak--hahaha...!" My best friend Hamad said. He had been making fun of me as soon as the class finished and we went to the cafeteria to eat some snacks.

Hamad was my best bud. He had a funny witty nature but most of all he was always there for me through thick and thin.

"No seriously man you got to tell me who got you smiling in your day-dream?" he said between hysterics.

"I was thinking about a girl..." I said

"Ooooohhh a giiiirrrlllllll, I seeeee," he said while dragging the words

"Stop with all the teasing there is nothing like that" I scolded him while slapping the back of his head.

"Ow Azlaan you are going to make my brain go nuts!" he said while rubbing his head.

"Oh, so you've got a brain I thought you didn't have it Hamad" I teased him.

"Yeah very funny, now tell me what you were talking about?" he asked.

And so I told him word to word of what exactly happened today...

"Lol, she started arguing with you no way. I am quite enjoying this story." He said while earning a glare from me.

"The thing is that she was just so overreacting and then she was thinking so negative and assuming all the things by herself. I did not like that at all. I mean she was saying, like she had a complaining nature like the way she was talking it was just so disturbing and made me wonder what could be so wrong in her life that she thinks like that."

I told him honestly.

"I don't know man. You should have asked her," he said while patting on back.

"As if..." I said with sarcasm.

"Let's talk about something else... so was she pretty?" he said with a toothy grin.

"Hamad...." I said in a warning tone.

"Huff okay...come on let's order something I am starving!" he said while heading towards the counter and me walking behind him...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shanzay's POV

I lazily walked towards my class and luckily the professor had not arrived yet. I sighed and sat beside my best friend Zainab.

"Why the gloomy face Shizu?" she asked me while observing my face.

"Nothing yar Zaini..." I replied, tears already threatening to spill.

She looked at me intensely, which meant 'spill girl' and then I told her all about today's unlucky incident.

"Shizu don't worry, we'll go to the admin office after class and will get a new print out of these documents." She said while consoling me.

"Zaini I just don't understand why all bad things only happen to me." I replied while rubbing my eyes as they were now full of tears.

"Shizu don't worry everything will be fine have faith in Allah..." she told me

I was going to say something when the professor came to the class and started delivering the lecture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Today's lecture was such a torture man..." Zainab said while slumping down on the seat in the cafeteria.

"Yeah, you are right..." I said while forcing a smile.

"Wait here I'll bring some snacks for both of us," she told me while getting up.

The cafeteria wasn't so crowded today, people were chattering and gossiping or some were too busy munching their food. Soon my thoughts drifted to the guy whom I bumped into, he was very arrogant. At least he should have apologized and helped me. I know I was a little harsh but it was his fault too but he showed so much attitude which I despised. A simple sorry would have been fine but anyways why do I even care. I shook my head while brushing the thoughts away.

"Yar Shizu u didn't tell me about that guy, was he handsome? What was it like? Do any bells ring? Was there any music in the air" she said while grinning ear to ear and sitting down while placing the snacks.

I glared at her while she just gave me a lovesick smile. I shook my head and started eating my food.

"Shizu at least tell me, did he have dreamy eyes..?"

I could see that wide grin plastered on her face.

"Zaini start eating before I wipe that grin off your face," I told her in a threatening tone.

"Oh yeah..." she said in a teasing tone.

"Yes..." I chuckled and playfully slapped her arm and then we started eating our food and casually chatting about here and there.

Zainab's my childhood best friend. We had always been together since school. We always call each other by nicknames, Zaini and Shizu.

She has always been so supportive, trying to make me happy and helping me in everything. A friend like her is a true blessing...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So New Charactersss!!! what do you think of them? Can you relate them with your friends? Do your friends tease like Hamad and Zainab too? Do lemme know in the comments. :D

Cya next week!!! doodles :D:D