𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

[ Chapter Sixteen ]

Fucking Hell!

River only took notice of it turning dark now.

She had eaten a small ration of her food. Not wanting any more, she pushed the plate away from her.

The teenager did notice that Fury was there, and most likely the one to take Harry. Speaking of the teenage boy, he was off to the side of the room with Tony, watching him throw darts.

"My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Fury told the group.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve had his arms crossed. "Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit." Fury answered. "It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though."

"What if you use S.H.I.E.L.D. accessibility-" "Harry, Ultron managed to get info on all of us, he has access to everything. There's no point in looking at online files." River replied to him. She was still a little snappy at people after the vision.

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony asked, continuing to throw darts.

"Yes he is. But he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare."

"Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that." "Nexus?" Steve asked, confused. Bruce looked up, "It's the world Internet hub in Oslo. Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth."

"So, what'd they say?" Clint asked.

"He's fixated on the missiles. But the codes are constantly being changed." As Fury explained this, River rested her head on her hand. "By whom?" Tony asked that, and a dart went flying by his face.

"Parties unknown."

"Do we have an ally?" It seemed that both River and Natasha had a hoarse voice after the events today, which made sense. "Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"Still might need to visit Oslo. Find our unknown."

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Natasha said.

"I do. I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere. Ears, everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you dream up. Here we all are, back on Earth, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world." Fury took a pause, "Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it, his mission is global destruction."

River spoke up quietly, "How soothing." She crossed her arms on the table. All she wanted was to take a nap, but those thoughts would come back and haunt her even more.

"All this, laid in a grave. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard." River laughed softly.

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk." Natasha smiled at River, seeing her loosen up a tiny bit. "You know what, Romanoff?"

"So, what does he want?"

"To become better. Better than us." "Better than everyone." River added on to Steve's response.

"He keeps building bodies." "Person bodies. The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it." Tony stated. River kept picking up how Bruce was looking at Lila's painting of a butterfly.

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Natasha remarked.

"They don't need to be protected. They need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve." "How?"

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" Bruce asked.

"Fucking hell." River let out a frustrated sigh.

I'm trying to decide between different books I wanna publish after I finish this and the sequel.

I'm hungry, I'm gonna go eat now.

Okay, bye!