chapter 1. Jack and the Beanstalk (1/2)

Y/n pov

I slowly peeled my eyes open, i was in a forest. I sat up and looked around more. There was a little pathway, supposedly meant to lead me out of the forest.

I stood up, and started to follow the path, not the best decision.

As i was following the path, i decided to view my new attire.

(Your idea but preferably something cottagecore)

(Sorry about the quality)

"Shmexy I say" as I pull a few poses. Jokingly, of course.
I look around, and spot a path.

Ah. Of course, the classic fairytale path that guides you right into the story. Me however, not so fairytale like.
I shrug my shoulders "meh" and continue on.

Disney is classical, and sometimes odd, but the artstyle is gorgeous.
I'm walking up the path, and see some light.
"YES!!" I shout in all my glory, and jump into of the light.

I look around, and spot a boy and an old woman. The boy is giving the lady a cow for some... nuts?
Peanuts?
Walnuts?
Beans?
Baked beans?
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I feel stupid.
Its ducking jack and the beanstalk.
They are magic beans.

Wow. I'm smart.

So anyway you know how it goes, he starts to walk home and tell his mum.

Can I try be his friend?
Imma do it, lonely people gotta stick together. I mean if Hestia was here she'd smack me silly! But she's not here so I am lonely for the time being.

I run up to him. (Get him bitch)
"Hi!" I exclaimed. "You wanna be friends?!"
He looked at me, then looked away.
I deadpanned. "Hello?" I said, hanging on the o.

Oh, the children books didn't say much about Jack, so maybe he was somewhat anti-social?
And so, I spent the next 5 minutes trying to get him to answer me.

.........................................................................

Looking at the book, Hestia wheezed.
You see, it was from Jack's perspective.  The next few words came in.

As I looked at the odd girl beside me, I let out a breath, why did she want to be my friend? Hasn't she heard the rumours?
....

She stopped wheezing. She looked at the book.
Wait.. what rumors? Did they mention jack getting bullied in the original books? No.. she doesn't remember it saying that.
She sweatdropped. Maybe its the fairytale but.. different?

Ah.
She stopped, she realised she was too big brain and needed to stop acting big brain. So she went to go get her 5th tub of ice cream and her 7th brain freeze.

.........................................................................

This hurt.

I had been trying to get his attention,  not for a crush, but for my first friend from a fairytale! Yet, i couldn't seem to grab his attention. 

Suddenly, he tripped, and me, who was taller than him, fell on my back. He landed on my chest. I turned red and sat up, taking him with me.
"OHHHH MY GOSH ARE YOU OK ITS ALL MY FAULT IM SO SORRY" I felt guilty, but was fangirling a bit on the inside, a hot man just fell on me, what was I meant to do?
He sighed, picked up his beans and looked at me. We started to walk again.
"My name is Jack, what's yours"
I beamed. I had finally gotten what I wanted! A friend.
"My name is (y/n)!" I squealed.
"Well then, Y/N, if your so determined on being my friend, why?"
He looks at me with a frown.
"Uh. Because I want to? I don't really need a reason. I just want a friend."
Jack smirks, "Alright then, ill see you tomorrow" We stop outside his house, where I see his mum ask about the beans, and witness her outrage about the situation.

I'm not going to describe it, but I think she was a lot less violent in the books.

It seems y/n had a body in this world before this, as her so called parents were calling out to her, as it turned dark, she knew what would happen the next morning.

.........................................................................

Hestia frowned, something was wrong, why was the main character acting so strange. She read the last sentence on the first chapter.

He closed his eyes, and thought. 'How come my own mother doesn't love me, but a strange lady on the road does?
Could it be.. love at first sight? If I find and plant those beans tomorrow.. would we fall in love?
Does she know? About the rumours? If I can get to her before the rumours do, I might have a chance.
Maybe father was right.. Love can be found in a stranger.. even if its one-sided.'
He smirked.
'my first friend..'

Its strange. How did he become attached so quickly? Is he the clingy type?
Hestia was skeptical, he acts like one of those people.. what were they called again? Aha! Yanderes.. she needed to warn y/n.. but how? She was probably just a side character. She was worried.
As soon as her cousin left the book, she shouldn't go back in. Hestia sighed. But realised, if the back was usually a blurb.. would it give her some details?

Her heart dropped.

'Should've checked the blurb first!'

Come and read these oblivious girls falling into a yandere trap!
Thats right, but do not worry, all these attractive people want is a little loving as soon as you complete this book, then you can go and take some therapy.
Heres a tip though! Do not tell them that you are from another world, they will try to follow you as soon as those words leave your mouth, and as soon as they have a grasp on you, it gets dreadfully tight
Watch out

Hestia teared up, she definitely needed to warn her cousin now!

She sighed, this will be a shock to the system.

Hestia hoped her cousin would get back safe, because if not, then SHE will be the lonely one!

End of chapter

What do you think the rumors are?

Word count: 1008 words.