ease my mind (come over)

Teyana

The following morning after meeting Kehlani, thoughts of her plagued my mind. Something about her was so magnetic, immediately drawing me in. I blush, thinking of how my body reacted to the way she touched me. In the short time we spent together, she made sure I wouldn't forget about her.

And I don't think I will.

As if she sensed me thinking about her, my phone lit up with a text from the woman running circles in my mind.

Kehlani: are you busy?

Teyana: not at the moment, no. i have an assignment due tonight though.

Kehlani: do you wanna come over and do it? can't stop thinking about you.

I blush profusely at the thought of the tatted girl thinking of me, my hands slightly shaking as I type my response.

Teyana: yes, of course, see you soon.

Rolling out of bed, I do a little happy dance, squealing just a bit. I know I probably look ridiculous acting like a schoolgirl at my big age, but something about Kehlani gives me butterflies that I haven't felt in a long time.

Pulling open my dresser, I select a plain white tee and some nude-colored athletic shorts. I don't want to overdo it, it's not like it's a date. Is it? I push the thoughts of a romance with Kehlani out of my head, not wanting to make myself any more nervous.

Walking into the bathroom, I put on a light face of makeup, topping it off with a deep pink gloss. I decided to let my braids hang free, putting a black hair tie on my wrist in case I change my mind later. Taking a deep breath, I inspect myself in the mirror. Deciding I look good enough, I spritz some perfume on my body, before exiting the bathroom. I grab my purse and computer, neglecting to bring any of my heavy textbooks.

I walk out to my car and put my belongings in the backseat. Realizing I have no idea where I'm going, I dial Kehlani's number as I get in the front seat and start the car.

"Hey, Tey, what's up?" Kehlani's voice floods the car.

I try not to blush at the nickname as I respond. "Hey, I need your address."

She responds, citing a neighborhood that isn't too far from me.

"Okay," I smile. "I'll see you soon."

Hanging up the phone, I put the car into drive, beginning the twenty-minute drive to Kehlani's home.

As I pull into her driveway, my heart beats wildly. Pulling down my sun visor, I look in the small mirror to make sure my lip gloss is intact. Satisfied with my appearance, I get out of my car, gathering my things.

Taking a deep breath, I walk up the driveway and steps to the front porch. I knock on the door softly, and before long Kehlani opens the door.

Smiling, I speak. "Hi, you look great."

She does look great in her oversized cream and blue sweater that shows off her toned legs and tattoos I had not previously seen before.

Kehlani steps to the side, inviting me inside.

I walk in, and she shuts the door behind me as I take in her home décor.

The home is very airy, and various plants decorate her windowsill and the floor around her window. Natural light streams in through the open window, and the room smells faintly of cinnamon incense. Different books about spirituality and personal health line a small bookcase in the corner of the room, and on top of it a tray with several different healing crystals sits. Her furniture has a cream theme, with a large cream couch sitting in front of a large flat-screen television, and love seats sitting catty-cornered to the couch. In the middle of the seating is a marble coffee table with yet another plant on it.