Part 1

Alpha Senpai waited along the rocks of the shoreline. The warm sun felt amazing against his scales and skin but that didn't stop him from being impatient. Where was that loving lemon headed freak?

"Alpha!" He heard a voice from a distance. Alpha turned and smiled. There he was. Charlie ran with clumsiness in the sand and tripped over himself multiple times. Over his shoulder he held a big bag. Interesting.

"Charlie you are late my dear." Alpha said as Charlie approached.

"IM- S-ORRY!" Charlie heaved and stumbled over his words in his usual fashion. His face was very much red compared to his usual yellow complexion.

"Calm your nerves Charles. Breathe."

"Ok ok ok," Charlie took deep breaths until it slowed to a normal pace. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine! As long as your presence is here now. What did you bring me?"

Their meetups started long ago with agreements of trading. Alpha would bring back unimaginable treasures he found on the bottom of the ocean. While Charlie would bring him back land items such as a spoon. Some would say it was an unfair trade, but Alpha was always extremely fascinated by land culture. Especially when it came to silverware. he loved looking at his reflection. Recently their meetups didn't involve trading at all. It involved long talks about their everyday lives and sharing of songs. Because of this it was a surprise to see Charlie carrying something. Alpha didn't have anything to give in return.

"I- kind of got you something stupid."

Charlie dug through the bag and pulled out a long piece of fabric. It was a cloak. Alpha raised his eyebrows in confusion. This was something very much different than what Charlie usually got him.

"Oh man- it is dumb! , mermaids- WAIT, I mean mermen! Sorry! Uh- you guys don't even wear-."

"I love it." Alpha said, cutting him off.

"...But. Can- you even wear it?"

"Well let's see! Help me out " Charlie shook as he held out the jacket and Alpha slipped his arms in. The cloth felt strange against his skin and his tail, he didn't hate it though.

"I- uh got you a hat too."

Charlie pulled a hat from the bag. It matched the coat with a pink feather.

"It's beautiful." Alpha reached out to hold it and put it on his head. "Yarr, do I look like a pirate now?"

Charlie just stared not saying anything.

"Charlie?"

"YES! You-u look absolutely epic!" Charlie face flushed red again. Alpha didn't know what to do with this creature, always so silly.

"OH thank you! Too bad I can't really swim around in these clothes."

"...oh really? I'm sorry about that," Charlie frowned.

"It's fine. You can just bring the jacket every time we meet. We can match!"

"Haha yeah!"

"Too bad I didn't bring anything to give you. You should have given me a heads up!"

"You- don't have to give me anything!"

Alpha then got an idea.

"Oh please, a gentleman like myself would never let favors go unawarded."

Alpha moved his hand down to his tail and used his claws to pick at a silvery blue scale. In a quick tug he pulled it out.

"AlPha oH mY GOd?!"

Charlie's face now turned a sickly green.

"Charlie! I'm ok. It doesn't hurt!"

"But but..!"

"Do you not want it?"

"YES! I mean- NO! I mean..!"

Alpha silenced him by grabbing his hand and placing it in the palm. Charlie froze.

"It's so shiny!" He yelped.

"Thank you! As you know mermaid scales are really expensive. You can pay for those ship repairs you have been talking about."

"I'M not selling this!"

"Oh?"

"I mean-! I want to keep it. I know a jeweler who can put it in a pendant."

"Aww! That is so sweet."

"Haha- yeah."

Alpha held onto the hand that held the scale again and raised Charlie's hand to his lips. He kissed. Charlie let out a bunch of unrecognizable noises.

"Thank you. Dear." Alpha said while pulling away. He pulled the jacket off along with the hat and handed it over to Charlie. He pulled himself into the water and blew a kiss. "I'll see you again soon Charles. The sun is setting I must get going!"

Charlie fell back into the sand clenching the scale to his heart.