Two: The Yearbook

"So you're telling me he broke into your house, bleeding out on your kitchen floor, and you still didn't call the police?" Sapnap asked from across the empty classroom, high out of his mind from the session he had sneaked in the boys bathroom that morning.

"I already told you, Sapnap! The power cords in my house were cut, even if I wanted to, I couldn't have called anyone!" Dream argued back to his other best friend, standing by the windowsill with his eyes analysing the entrance to the school. "You said you heard from him this morning?"

Sapnap shrugged, turning in his seat to look at the blonde: "He seemed perfectly fine when we spoke - didn't even sound hungover. Are you sure you didn't just smoke something off?" The boy asked, earning a frown from Dream.

"I'm sure. Unlike you, I don't waste my time trying to get smashed by some new drug everyday," he confirmed, rolling his eyes when his friend seemed unbothered by his call-out.

"Whatever, man. Must've been a nightmare then because George is completely fine."

"Why are you guys talking about me?" A familiar, soft voice spoke from the door to the class, making the duo look towards the source.

It was George. It was definitely George, but something about him seemed off, Dream observed.

"See, Dream? He looks fine!" Sapnap told Dream in the most condescending way possible, making the blonde scowl at him before focusing his attention on the brunette walking towards him.

"George? What was all that about last night?" He asked, confused as to what happened and why nobody was taking him seriously on this subject. He expected George to own up to what happened, a full explanation or at the very least tell him that it was all a prank.

However, all he received was an incredulous look, followed by a: "What the hell are you talking about, Dream? We didn't see or talk to each-other at all last night."

Sapnap laughed at Dreams perplexed expression, hitting his desk a few times. "See, Dream? I told you it was all just a nightmare - god, you should really stop watching those crime documentaries all the time."

"I don't even watch them all that much - I didn't even watch any last night!" Dream defended himself, paying no mind to George as the boy made his way over to his own desk, leaving the blonde as the only one of them standing. "Either way - I definitely didn't dream about the wires in my house being cut because I checked them this morning! They're cut, guys!"

"Are you trying to accuse me of fucking with your electrics?" George butted in, sounding a little pissed off at Dream freaking out so much. "For god's sake, Dream, I go out by myself for one night and now you're imagining things that aren't even real!"

Dream went silent at that, gulping down the excuses and reasons he had for his concerns at the sound of his friend being quite obviously irritated.

"Dream - class is about to start, try to calm down, please? We don't need weird looks from the teacher throughout the whole thing." George then requested with a sigh, Sapnap nodding in agreement to their friend, which left Dream with no choice but to comply.

However, it didn't stop his mind from running with suspicions, even as students began to flood into the room.

---

"So... What are the two preps up to this lunch?" Sapnap greeted George and Karl as he sat at the table, eyes looking more alive than usually (which Dream could assume meant this was one of the rare days his friend was sober).

Karl looked up from the old yearbook that sat between him and George, returning a smile to Sapnap. "We found someones yearbook in the locker-rooms in our last period - they seem to have written a lot of opinions about everyone on their pictures," He began to explain, Sapnap only nodding from time to time to show that he was listening. "We thought it'd be fun to see what they wrote about us!"

"They seem to have had a crush on me." Dream murmured, sipping apple juice from the small carton that came with his lunch. "Called me handsome a few times-"

"As if! What did they say about me?" Sapnap half-yelled, sitting up from his place at the table in an attempt to peak at the pages of the yearbook. Karl simply pressed the book closer to himself and George, glaring playfully at the boisterous raven-head.

"They said you were an asshole," Karl shot back (obviously lying), sticking out his tongue when he saw the pissed off expression Sapnap had.

"Oh yeah? I bet they said the same thing about you!"

The two continued bickering amongst themselves, leaving Dream to look at George as the boy flipped through more pages of the book. The blonde assumed he was looking for his own picture, curious as to what this anonymous person thought about him, and he assumed that George had found it when his eyes seemed to widen like saucers.

Dream raised a brow, leaning to his right to place a hand on his friends shoulder, trying his best to sneak a peak at the page he was looking it. "George? What does it say about you?"

The brunette didn't say anything, instead only lifting a finger to point to where his picture was, letting Dream figure out the rest. He looked at where was pointed, pulling a disgusted expression at the bright red scribbles that defaced his picture.

Crossed out face. Horns and tail. F slurs and horrible name calling.

Even an arrow pointing to his picture, labelled 'DEVIL'.

It was a disturbing sight, to say the least - to see so much hatred scribbled on a page for a singular person, meanwhile everyone else's was filled with such positive messages. Dream couldn't even begin to imagine how much it must've hurt George.

"They don't know what they're talking about, don't worry-"

"I don't care." George snapped back before Dream could finish his sentence, closing the book so hard that the sound of it made Sapnap and Karl stop quarrelling. "It was written by that Alex guy, anyways, I saw his signature in the front. I could honestly care less about what he has to think."

Dream gave an uncertain expression, looking across the table towards Sapnap, who seemed to be mirroring his emotions. They could tell it had gotten to George, but they also knew there was no way they could get him to open up his real feelings about this.

Especially considering how defensive he had been these past couple of weeks.

---

"I heard Alex moved away after George confronted him."

"Huh?"

Dream and Sapnap were currently stood in a corner store, looking for cheap sweets they could resell at school for a profit - something they liked to do every Thursday.

"George said he confronted the guy at his house on Saturday, he's not been in school since. People think he's moved away." Sapnap explained in further detail, though all he had managed to do was confuse his friend even more.

"I don't think so - it's more likely that he took some time off from school to save embarrassment. The guy lives without his parents, I don't think he'd be able to afford to move to a new location when he's already struggling to rent out one of the cheapest places in America." Dream reasoned, making Sapnap shrug, deciding to occupy himself with gathering more sweets from the shelves.

"I guess that makes more sense - who knows, the guy doesn't talk to anyone much, all we can do is make theories," there was a long pause between them. "What if George hurt him?" He chuckled, cracking a joke about how defensive their friend could get.

Dream wanted to laugh, even when Sapnap nudged his side, yet he couldn't bring himself to. Something about that question irked him: it brought back memories of the one alleged 'nightmare' he had.

The one where George was covered in blood.

"Maybe don't joke about stuff like that - that's the kind of shit that gets you in trouble." Dream excuses, earning yet another shrug from his friend.

"Ah. I don't really care." The raven-head replied.

"Sure, whatever." Dream rolled his eyes.