Four: Good Intentions

"What the fuck happened to him, George?!" Sapnap yelled, spiking anxiety through the room as Dream tried his best to quieten him down. "There's blood coming from your mouth- do you know what that looks like to me? There better be a logical explanation for this!" He continued, George crying even more as Sapnap seemed to be having the same trouble as Dream concerning tears: his mind must still be trying to process just how upsetting this situation is, considering that the raven was closer with the boy than the blonde was.

"Calm down, Sapnap - you'll bring attention to us and then we'll all be in trouble," Dream tried to convince his friend in a way he knew he would listen, feeling the tension in his shoulders lower at the sight of the raven-head pressing his lips together in a thin line.

"Well then... Would you care to finally explain to me what the fuck is happening right now? Cause to me, it looks like Karl's shoulder has been mauled on by some vicious dog, and god! The blood dripping from George's mouth right now is drawing some pretty fucked conclusions for me right now-"

Dream felt the need to cover the brunettes ears at the accusations (although true) that were thrown out in the open for all in the room to hear.

"Listen - things got out of hand, something's happening to George and he doesn't know what, but he'd never mean to do something like this to anyone, let alone Karl!" He began to explain. "He needs help - he's not like this, Sap, we both know that!"

"Well it's pretty fucking hard to say that when proof of him being capable of doing these things is literally soaking onto the floors you're standing on!" Sapnap fired back, eyes glossing over as Dream assumed the circumstance finally seemed to sink into his brain. "So what do we fucking do, huh? Cause I think we should hand him into the fucking poli-"

"No!" Dream finally yelled, catching both of his friends off guard from his sudden outburst. His hands, which were still covering George's ears, slipped down to his sides, turning to a standing position to fully face his other friend (who was trying his best not to stand in the drying blood). "We're not selling out a friend!"

"Oh yeah? Well what about Karl, huh? He's literally dead!" Sapnap shot back, not even fazed when the tall blonde began to march up to him. "You're supposing we let George get away with something like this?"

Dream frowned, glancing down at his feet in a moments shame as he thought it over. He was defending a murderer, a cannibal: yet he couldn't bring himself to turning one of his closest friends in to a life-time of jail, and possible experiments due to his... odd diet choice. George could be put through horrible situations - being muzzled at an asylum as they constantly question his sanity and remind him of his actions (which he is already taking so hard).

"Sapnap... This is George we're talking about - look at him." He began, moving to the side slightly so his friend could catch a sight of the heart-breaking view of their friend, cradling the dead body of Karl as he bawled his eyes out, body shaking and convulsing once again. "He didn't want to do this - he couldn't handle prison, either. Do you really want to put him through that?"

Sapnap went silent for a minute, shrugging his shoulders.

"Let me put it this way - do you want to lose another friend?"

Sapnap went silent again.

---

"So how are we planning to get the body out of here without anybody seeing us?" Sapnap asked, hands gripping underneath Karl's arms as he tried not to think about what he was about to do. "You watch crime documentaries, right?"

Dream nodded, taking off his varsity jacket and handing it over to George. "Cover up, you have blood on your shirt." He whispered, then pointing at the boys bare legs (as he was wearing shorts that day) where blood stained his skin. "You might wanna clean your legs, too."