Chapter 4 - Siddharth tu badal gaya hai

"Siddharth thora flex kar",her voice tells. He does as she tells him. "Haan dekh thora idhar se loose lag raha hai".

She holds up the sleeves from his left underside. He groans lifting his hand up fully, out of her reach.

"Kya kar rahi hai Shenaaz. Kab se tou modeling kar rahi hai",he says annoyed.

"Haan tou check karke lein gein na.",she speaks sighing in obvious. "Tu chup kar. Iss sub ka mujhe pata hai".

She continued to inspect his measures and until they had found the perfect fit for him, she didn't stop. Finally done selecting five shirts and Asim's sweatpants, they walked over to the car parked.

Siddharth, the gentlemen he was opened her gate and helped her inside. Then puts the bags inside the back seat and then gets on driving.

They were eating lunch out today. After Shenaaz had prepared the breakfast for the guests and her brother in law, she told the maid specifically to prepare a light lunch.

They arrived at a small homey cafe. Shenaaz ordered a sandwich with a milkshake while Siddharth went with a burrito and coffee.

"Koi game kheltay hein",she says. Her eyes glisten as she thought. Then brings two of her fingers out. "In dono mein se koi choose kar".

It was a game Shenaaz usually plays around with him. She'll name her two fingers with answers for the question she had thought in her mind. Then Siddharth would have to select one, the wrong one gets him a slap while the right one a kiss to his cheeks.

"Abay yaar",he groans acting annoyed but still played. He picked her middle finger and watched her face lighten up with glee.

"Haye tu kitna acha hai",she compliments, kissing his left cheek. "Ab in dono mein se kar".

Siddharth annoyed groaned but did as his cute wife wished. This time he choose her index finger. Her face morphed in an unreadable expression.

It went from bright to thoughtful and then a little sad.

"Kya hua Shenaaz"?

She swallows before speaking. "Tu mujhe chor dega",she says pointing to her finger. "Iss mein tha ke tu mujhe chor dega".

His eyes widen, he didn't wanted this small mistake of his to ruin their date or her happiness.

"Aray pagal hogaye hai kya",he utters quickly swaying his hands. "Tu ne kya soocha hai, mujhe kya maloom hoga".

"Lekin iss se phela wala tu ne sahi kaha tha",she reminds him.

"Luck tha bay. Zaroori thori hai ke bar bar essa ho",he argued, logically.

Before Shenaaz could speak further, their waiter was at the table already serving them their order. They ate in silence.

Siddharth helped Shenaaz get inside the car once again. They hadn't spoken on the topic again and he hoped that she had forgotten it, some times her small memory helped. This being one of them.

When they parker outside the home, the sun had just started setting down and Shenaaz had gone to sleep. Her head against the window with her feets pulled to her chest. She seemed too tired and he would have carried her inside if it wasn't for Paras coming outside.

He loudly knocked on the window of Shenaaz's side since that was closer. Shenaaz jolted from her sleep instantly.

"Siddharth tu theek hai"? She asks immediately looking at him.

"Haan baby mein theek hoon",he confirms, holding onto her hand. He rolled the windows down and nodded at Paras. "Kya hua? Bahar kyn khara hai"?

"Yaar wo Rashmi and Arti agayein hein. Tum dono jaldi ander ao".