Magic bullet

"Scott's coming over?" Lydia asked, repeating what Allison had just told her and Diana when asked about her plans for later that day.

Neither of the girls missed the way Allison looked down at her feet, bashfully, but nodded her head anyway. Exchanging a quick knowing look and some rather amused smirks, the two of them turned to look at Allison again.

"Tonight?" Diana asked, raising an eyebrow as Allison shook her head, clearly embarrassed.

"We're just studying together." Allison said.

"Just studying." Diana repeated.

"Yes, just studying." Allison said.

"Just studying never ends with just studying." Lydia said, shrugging her shoulders a little with a suggestive smirk in Allison's direction. "It's like getting into a hot tub... Somebody eventually cops a feel."

"I... I don't know..." Allison mumbled, unsure. "I thought we were just studying."

"It usually starts that way." Diana shrugged.

"But then it turns into something entirely different." Lydia continued.

"Well, so what are you saying?" Allison asked.

"We're just saying, you know..." Diana shrugged. "Make sure he covers up..."

Once again, Allison seemed a little embarrassed by where the conversation was headed and Lydia just chuckled at the way the brunette blushed again.

"Hello, Snow White!" She smirked, slapping Allison playfully on the arm as the three of them continued to walk down the hallways of the school. "I'm talking about a condom!"

"Are you kidding?" Allison gasped. "After one date?"

"Don't be a total prude." Lydia shrugged. "Give him a little taste."

"If you want to, of course." Diana added, making sure Allison knew they didn't mean to force her into anything. "All we're saying is that... Usually these study dates end with more than just studying and we want to make sure you know what to do if it does."

"Well, but I don't know." Allison frowned at the two other girls. "I-I mean... How much is a little taste?"

At that question, Lydia and Diana widened their eyes, exchanging yet another look before stopping in the middle of the hallway to turn around and look at Allison properly as they talked now.

"Oh, my God!" Diana gasped, opening a smile as she watched Allison with gentle eyes. "You really like him, don't you?"

"Well..." Allison sighed, before smiling a little herself, as if unable to stop herself as she thought about Scott. "He's just different."

"Different how?" Diana asked.

"I don't know." Allison shrugged. "I mean, when I first moved here, I had a plan. No boyfriends 'til college. I just move too much. But... Then, I met him, and... He was different. I-I don't know. I can't explain it."

At that, Diana smiled gently, nodding her head at Allison while Lydia just watched the two of them with a shrug of her shoulders.

"I can." She deadpanned. "It's your brain flooding with phenylethylamine."

"What?" Allison chuckled, frowning a little as she turned to look at Lydia, who just shook her head and sighed.

"Look, I'll tell you what to do, okay?" Lydia said, locking her arm with Allison's as the three of them continued to make their way toward their next class that they actually shared together. "When's he coming over?"