ease | pope heyward

pope heyward x pogue!reader
________

FLUFF

˚✧₊⁎*・゜゚・*.。.。.:*・☤・*:.。. 。.*・゜゚・*⁎⁺˳✧༚

you pulled pope behind the shelves, kissing his soft lips and he pulls away, "hey."

you smile, "hey."

"they're gonna look for us Y/N and they're gonna get mad if we-." you cut him off by pecking his lips.

pulling away you bring a finger to your mouth, signalling him to be quiet and you bring him down to sit behind a shelf.

"why'd you take me here?" he whispers and you roll your eyes.

"y'know you ask too many questions heyward." you squint your eyes at him.

"i just, i feel like we haven't had time to ourselves you know. call me selfish but I just wish that we can just relax and not worry about anything."

pope sighs, bringing your head to rest on his shoulder, "you know I can't say no to you." you feel his lips turn into a smile.

you stand up and reach out for his hand, which he gives with no hesitation.

you exchange smiles before running out of the library, getting complaints from the librarians.

_____

you guys found yourself on a empty rooftop with snacks and drinks that you may or may not have stolen from the corner store.

"have you ever thought of leaving?" his head snaps up at your random question.

"like leaving outer banks you know. if it weren't for these circumstances, wouldn't you wanna live on the mainland?"

"i mean, i thought about it." he exhales.

"there's so much opportunities for me on mainland." he looks up from his drink.

"for us." you couldn't help but smile. you always saw yourself being with pope, and if there were one thing holding you down at this island let alone the world, it'd be him.

you wouldn't have it any other way.

"but there's so much holding me down here and I think I'd choose to stay over leaving."

"what about you?"

"i've wanted to go to the mainland. just travelling and seeing the real world. there's so much to see and experience."

"i can't even imagine how it'd be."

the boy gave you a sad smile, squeezing your hand in his.

"i promise we will. i'll take you to europe."

your face lit up, you remembered also talking about wanting to visit italy and the sistine chapel.

"i have never loved you more pope heyward." you smiled leaning back against his chest.

his hand squeezes your shoulder, placing a kiss on your head.

"i have never loved you more."

____

ngl this chapter almost made me cry but i hope u guys enjoy it as much as i enjoyed writing it. this is kinda sad also kinda short tho