4. Who is Carter?

Elora Hall

"Izzy? How did you even meet him Elle?" Ashley asked me in disbelief. I explained our first day and how he helped me get to class.

"Can't believe he stood out here waiting for you, that's very unlikely." She tapped her pen on the desk while thinking.

"He wanted to give me his notes." I looked at the set of papers in front of me suspiciously. Why would anyone do that to a girl you met a day ago?

"Right! He's not that kinda guy Elle!"

"How would you know?"

"He's a flirt. Izzy's gang and Josh's bunch don't get along. These guys are the biggest troublemakers in campus." She shook her head. "Remember the hockey field situation yesterday! The football team did that to disrespect Izzy and his team."

"So Izzy plays hockey." I said.

"Yes!"

"Your brother's friends play football, these guys hate each other..." I trailed off, connecting the dots. My thoughts were carried away to those forest green eyes. His towering, brooding physique.
"That one tall guy on the bike?"

"The one who kept looking at you? Carter!" She smirked. "Congratulations Elora Mae Hall you've caught the attention of both the bad boys of Imperial Chesterford Liberty." I shushed her to lower her voice. The silly girl only giggled.

"He was with another girl, if you didn't notice!" I playfully scolded her. Before she could contradict, I questioned her again. "D- do they just begin fights every time they come across each other?" That would make a whole ruckus in the campus every single day.

"Nah, they have their own marked territories, the boys don't cross each other often. Unless one of their friends wanna make fun of their enemy. Or when their teams play and they lose. They try bullying one another." She rolled her eyes. "That's a real mess, I've heard the stories."

I sighed, looking down at the notes with Izzy's name on it. I'll be staying far faraway from you Izzy. The next three years have to be trouble free for me.

~~~~~~

Lunch time finally rolled in, Ashley and I chatted away. While eating the cold slice of pizza, seated on a table for four. I made a mental note to prepare my meal at home from now on. Cafeteria food was awful.

Ashley literally choked on her food, instantly looking down.

"Ash are you blushing? Good heavens what's the matter?" I laughed looking behind me.

"Pssst don't look!" Ash bit out.

It was too late, my eyes locked with Izzy, who stopped talking to his friends to look my way. His usual smug smirk and his eyes held amusement. I abruptly turned around, I shut my eyes for a second. Stupid girl, I shouldn't have done that.

Soon realization hit me, "you're crushing on Izzy?" I squeezed Ashley's hand.

She winced before her face turned to displeasure. "What? No!" She swatted my hand away. "Don't turn around goofball, there's a guy in a blue sweater with Izzy, I think he's kinda' hot." She winked.