6. Fake concern

Elora Hall

"That's it for today class." Our final lecture for the day had come to an end.

"Elle, Josh is coming to get me. What about you?" Ashley and I walked hand in hand.

"I'll walk to the bus stop." I said.

"Call me once you're home babe." She gave me a tight hug as we approached the front of the campus.

My breath hitched as I watched Carter on his motorcycle. He had his attention on his friends. The guys laughed and joked about. Carter scrolled through his phone while nodding to a few things one of his friends were saying.

Ashley made her way to the group of guys, where Josh stood. As soon as she approached them, Carter glanced at her and something seemed to have clicked because he snapped his head behind her looking for something or perhaps someone.

I huffed as I was about to trip over my own shoelace, getting down on one knee, I tied my lace.

I stood up dusting my knee, "bye Elle!" Ash yelled as she got into her brother's car. I gave her a small wave and jumped when Josh honked at me. He instantly earned a punch on the arm by Ashley.

When they drove past me, I began to make my way to the bus stop. Unable to resist those green eyes, I looked his way. Carter had a slight teasing smirk as he watched me walk past him. Thanks to Josh's little stunt from earlier. He turned around when another guy called his name.

~~~~~
I was now outside the campus grounds, when a Jeep Wrangler stopped beside me. Fastening my pace, I felt the vehicle follow me. Could anyone kidnap me in broad daylight? Bracing myself I stopped in my tracks and turned towards the Jeep.

"Um, what are you doing here?" I stuttered, frustration laced in my voice.

"Sorry cupcake! Didn't mean to frighten you." Izzy chuckled.

"I- I wasn't frightened, why are you following me Izzy?" I crossed my arms.

"Whoa, cupcake!" He seemed taken aback by my outburst. "I thought I could give you a ride home."

I looked at him skeptically.

"Elora, I skipped practice to come see you." He tapped on his steering wheel. "I'd like to take you home." I noticed his cheeks redden.

The cramped up bus ride and the chilly weather were never my favourite things. Izzy's offer seemed very tempting to accept. But my feet were frozen in place. Thanks to Liza's words. Less than a week in college and I couldn't be asking Izzy to take me home. Whatever she had accused me of, may come true.

"Thank you for asking, but I'm fine." I gave him a small smile.

His mood seemed to have dropped. Probably disappointed. I bet any girl would have jumped at the proposal made by Izzy.

"What's wrong Elle?" He studied my face. "I'd like to take you home, that's what friends do. Right?" Izzy's face softened.

"Maybe another time Izzy." I stepped away. "But thank you for asking." Giving him a small wave I awkwardly walked away from him.

~~~~~

"I bought pizza for dinner, come." Aunt Liza, opened my room door. This was very unlikely of her. I quietly stood up making my way to the door. Surprisingly she waited till I walked out the door and followed me. Her actions were the complete opposite of this morning.