67| Kurai

The police station is almost completely quiet, despite the busy city around it. There's a hint of shock to the air, and you wait outside with Midoriya for Kirishima to get back from his meeting.

"Are you sure you don't want to tell the police about Shinimi?" You say, worry lacing your voice.

"They'll only take him too," Midoriya sighs, "it's not like he's a saint. And now the police are ignoring me, too, so I'm sure I'm the last person they want to see. Especially after what happened with Nakano."

"By why ask only Kirishima to help us?" You question, "I'm sure other heroes like Shoto would be a great help. Heck, maybe even Dynamight."

"I don't want to see them, not after what happened at the hospital. I think I just need time to cool down. Kirishima is always understanding, though, and he knows that the greater priority is saving Shinimi for now."

You nod. "Makes sense, I guess."

"I just wonder what his meeting is about. Could he be working on multiple cases?"

You shrug. "It wouldn't be strange. He's an amazing hero."

"Of course, but you'd think the Agitator's case would be the one at the top of his list," Midoriya explains, "at the top of everyone's list, really. If they can catch him, this might end in a good way."

"Everything," you mutter, "would go back to normal."

You think of your dead brother, then. What if he hadn't died? Would he still be with you today?

The green-haired man laughs, a sad smile on his face. "I don't think anything will ever go back to normal."

That's right. Hiroto's dead, and without him, there's no such thing as normal.

Someone runs out of the station then, and you turn to see Kirishima hurrying down the steps with a flyer in his hand.

"Guess what?" He smiles, waving it at you two. You both stand, wondering why he's so excited. 

"Your meeting couldn't have been that great," Midoriya says to him, lifting a brow.

"Oh, right." Red Riot mumbles, scratching the back of his head, "You're not on the case anymore."

"What?" You and Midoriya say in sync. 

"I'm sorry, I was one of the ones who voted to keep you guys on," the red-haired hero explains, "but because of Izuku's recent hostility, they thought it'd be better for his health to rest for now."

Midoriya clenches his fists at his sides, and you can tell Kirishima didn't mean to upset him. You change the topic, planning on comforting your friend later.

"So what's that flyer?" You ask, pointing to the paper in his hand.

"Oh, yeah! In an interrogation, the suspect gave us a brief description of the Agitator's second in command," the hero says excitedly, "we don't know his name or anything about him, but this picture was taken from one of the security cameras at a gas station nearby. It's confirmed. He's still a minor, and we couldn't find any files on him but this?"

Kirishima holds up the paper triumphantly.

"This," he grins, "is the new Agitator."

Your eyes widen.

On the paper is a boy with freckles and black hair, and eyes as dark as night. The picture is blurry, but you'd recognize those eyes anywhere.

"That's . . . " You mutter, "That's Kurai. That's Shinimi's brother."

"Kurai didn't take Shinimi to the Agitator," Midoriya growls, "he is the Agitator."

Kirishima blinks, absorbing your words. Then, his voice hardens.

"I think we're going to need you on this case after all."