The Last Crash of the Sunchaser AU

A.N. Welcome to my new one-shot book! If you haven't seen DuckTales, I strongly recommend it!

Synopsis: This one-shot is an AU of "The Last Crash of the Sunchaser!" Basically, different things are said and it just plays out differently than it did in the episode!

Enjoy!

—————————————————————————

            "Dewey!" Huey, Louie, Webby, Mrs. Beakley, and Launchpad shouted in unison after watching the middle triplet climb out of the window of their airplane that was currently sitting on top of a mountain's peak, mere minutes away from falling, if the family of ducks wasn't careful.

            "Lad!" Scrooge McDuck shouted in his Scottish accent, tying a rope around himself and then climbing out of the window after his great nephew.

            Webby, from inside the plane, grabbed the walkie talkie they had been using to communicate with Dewey to balance the weight of the plane earlier and said to Dewey, who had the other walkie talkie, "Dewey, this is crazy! The mystery isn't worth it!"

            Louie grabbed the walkie talkie from Webby's hand and tried to talk his brother into coming back inside the plane, "Dewey, I get it! But you can't give the rest of us up to find the one person we lost!"

            Huey took the walkie talkie from Louie and said, "Dewey, our family is amazing! We should just let this one go!"

            Dewey, frustrated by his brothers' attempts to talk him out of this, took his walkie talkie and threw it off the airplane.

            "Lad!" Scrooge yelled, getting his nephew's attention.

            He opened his mouth to say something else, but Huey and Louie stopped him.

            "Uncle Scrooge, come back in!" Huey said. Seeing the confused and panicked facial expression of his great uncle, he continued, "let us go out there and talk to him!"

            "Are you insane?! You're just kids!" Scrooge protested.

            "Uncle Scrooge, he's our brother! Maybe we can talk him into giving this one up!" Louie said.

            Scrooge reluctantly agreed, entering the plane again through the window he crawled out of. He tied the rope around Huey's waste. "Be safe out there, lads. And whatever you do, do not let go of each other."

            Huey took Louie's hand and the two climbed out onto the wing of the plane. By this point, Dewey was by the broken propeller, just a few inches away from the piece of paper that was the final piece of the mystery he had been searching so long for. What was the Spear of Selene? Why did his mother take it? What happened to his mom?

            "Dewey! Listen to us! This mystery isn't worth it! We want to find out what happened to her as much as you do, but not to the extent of... this! Just come back inside the plane, Dewey! Let this one go!" Huey tried to convince his younger brother.

            Dewey didn't stop. He kept reaching for the piece. The plane swayed, and Dewey fell forward a little bit, catching himself on the propeller.

            "Dewey, please! It's too risky! We already lost mom! We can't lose you too!" Louie said, tears brimming his eyes at just the mere thought of losing his brother.

            The plane lurched to the side again.

            This time, Dewey fell over the propeller and caught himself on the side of the plane with one hand, dangling at about a 3,000 foot drop from the ground beneath him.

            Huey and Louie screamed, afraid for their brother. They didn't know what to do. Dewey looked down at the ground beneath him and then he looked back up at his brothers' scared faces.

            Huey slowly started stepping towards the edge of the plane, in attempt to save his brother. He was still holding onto Louie's hand, dragging him along with him.

            "Dewey, just hang on, okay? You'll be okay." Huey said, trying to remain calm for his brothers.

            Louie had silent tears streaming down his face. This was scary to him. This has always been one of his biggest fears. Losing one of his brothers.

            They reached the edge of the plane and Louie and Huey each offered their free hand to help Dewey back up onto the wing of the plane.

            Dewey used his free hand to take Louie's hand and Huey used his free hand to grab onto Dewey's other wrist and the two pulled their brother up onto the wing of the plane.

            The plane kept swaying like crazy.

            And then the plane started to fall.

            The brothers held onto each other with dear life.

            "Guys, if this is the end, there's something I need to tell you! I'm sorry! I'm sorry I couldn't let this one go! Our family is awesome! Of course I want to find out what happened to Mom, but it shouldn't have to be at the expense of your guys' safety!" Dewey apologized as the plane fell.

            "We weren't worried about our safety! We were worried about your safety! You ran out onto the wing of a plane without any regard for your safety!" Huey admitted, still holding onto his brothers.

            "We were scared we were going to lose you too!" Louie said, tears streaming down his face.

            Actually, they all had tears streaming down their faces at this point.

            They all closed their eyes and expected to feel some sort of excruciating pain, but they didn't. Launchpad managed to land the plane right up. When the triplets opened their eyes, they were still sitting on the wing of the plane. And the plane was on the ground.

            The triplets were all breathing heavily, from the terrifying and traumatic experience they just went through.

            The three hopped off of the wing of the plane, onto the ground, after they had calmed down a bit.

            Dewey pulled his brothers into a tight hug and they hugged back just as tightly.

            The rest of the family ran out of the plane to check on the triplets.

            "Are ye lads all right?!" Scrooge asked them, checking them over for any injuries.

            "We're okay, Uncle Scrooge." Huey answered for all three of them.

            Webby tackled them into a hug. Once she finally let go of them after a few minutes, Scrooge looked at Dewey with a stern look.

            "What we're ye thinking, lad?! Running out onto the wing of a plane?! You could've gotten yourself killed!" Scrooge scolded.

            "I know... and I'm sorry. I just wanted answers so badly that I... completely ignored my own personal safety and how everyone would feel if I got hurt..." He looked back at his brothers.

            Scrooge felt bad for the poor kid. He did smile a bit at him though. "You are just like your mother, lad. Blindly running into dangerous situations, searching for answers. It's exactly what she would do."

            Dewey smiled at his great uncle, who pulled him into a quick hug.

            "You know what? The mystery isn't that important. I don't need answers. Our family's amazing just the way it is." Dewey looked back at his brothers, smiling. They smiled back at him and pulled him into one last hug. Webby soon joined the hug. Then Launchpad. Then Mrs. Beakley. Then Scrooge.

            Dewey then thought of something.

            "So, uh, how are we gonna get home?"

———————————————————————————
A.N. Wow, this was a long one! I hope you enjoyed the first DuckTales one-shots! Requests are open for this book by the way! Just no ships please! Thank you! Buh-bye now!