Raiders of the Doomsday Vault AU

A.N. Just something I thought of when having a conversation with my bestie!

Synopsis: When Dewey falls from the drawer, Della wasn't fast enough to save him.

—————————————————————————

Della watched in horror as her son fell from the drawer he was holding onto for dear life. She raced up the arm of the broken claw machine and reached out to try to catch her son, but she wasn't fast enough.

Dewey plummeted who knows how far down into the pit.

"No!" Della screamed, tears brimming the corners of her eyes.

Scrooge saw this happen from where he was arguing with Glomgold.

Glomgold also saw this and he stopped arguing with Scrooge. "You have your own, uh, personal thing going on here.."

Della let tears fall down her face. She felt the entire room shake. They all did. The money tree was growing out of control!

Della wiped her tears and told Scrooge, "we have to jump."

Scrooge didn't feel like arguing at the moment, so he listened to her and the two slid down a tree limb and landed safely next to an emergency exit door.

They quickly exited the room, as the tree grew out of the building.

Della looked back at the door with a golden tree limb sticking out of it.

"My baby..." she said sadly, tears streaming down her face again as she sobbed.

Scrooge pulled Della into a hug as she sobbed. He himself had tears brimming his eyes.

Glomgold sneakily sneaked away, letting the family have their moment.

"W-what are we going to tell Huey and Louie...?" Della asked.

"We have to tell them what happened, lass... Come on, let's go home..." Scrooge answered.

The two went back to the plane. All the way home, Della had silent tears streaming down her face. She struggled to keep the plane study in her emotional state, but she was able to long enough for them to get home.

"I... I guess it's time we go break the news to everyone..." Della said.

The two went inside the mansion and were immediately greeted by Beakley and Webby.

"How was the conference?! (Idk what else to call it-) Did you see the money tree?!" Webby asked excitedly.

Then she saw the looks on both of their faces. "Wait... where's Dewey?"

She grew concerned for her best friend, as she didn't see him anywhere and she could tell by Della's and Scrooge's expressions that something bad had happened.

Della let out one small sob before answering, "he... he's gone..."

Webby and Beakley gasped. Webby felt tears prick the corners of her eyes. She rushed over and gave Della a big hug.

Della hugged the small girl duck in return.

Della took a deep breath before asking, "where are Huey and Louie?"

"Upstairs in their bedroom. Good luck, Della." Webby answered.

Della walked up the stairs and went to her sons' bedroom. She knocked on the door, which was cracked open a bit, so it opened a bit more upon contact.

Louie was laying on his bed on his phone with his back up against the wall and Huey was at the desk. They saw their mom standing at the door after she knocked.

"Oh, hey, Mom!" Huey greeted. Louie gave a slight wave.

"Hey, boys, can I come in?" Della asked.

"Of course!" Huey answered.

Louie sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed. Della sat down next to him and patted the other spot next to her for Huey to come join them.

"Mom? What's going on? Were you... crying...?" Huey asked, having noticed the tears stains on Della's face.

"Boys... your brother... is gone..." Della said simply, trying to be as delicate as possible.

Huey and Louie gasped. "W-what...?"

Della explained everything and by time she was done explaining it, they all had tears streaming down their faces.

Louie sniffled and wiped some of his tears away as his tears kept falling rapidly.

Huey sat and stared forward in shock as tears streamed down his face as well.

Della had her arms around her two remaining sons.

Della blamed herself. She should've been faster. She shouldn't have let her son even get up there! She's only been a mom for like a week, and she already lost one of her sons. And he's not just missing. He's never coming back. He's dead.

———————————————————————————

A.N. Someone please keep track of how many times I've killed off Dewey- Well I hope you enjoyed! Buh-bye now!