Ultraviolet

Sorry for the long wait in between updates. I ran into a writers block with this story but now I can't wait to share more chapters with you all. Enjoy.

Damian's POV

"CCPD already interviewed this guy

"CCPD already interviewed this guy. You really think the eyewitness is gonna recant his story?" Ralph asks Iris.

"I don't care. I just want to beat someone up and enjoy it." I chime in.

"There is no beating anyone up." Iris scolds me. "And eyewitness testimony isn't always perfect." She argues to Ralph. "Plus environmental factors, stress, even the order of lineup photos can affect memory. So jogging his memory while he is at home, relaxed might bring something up." Iris suggests.

"Yeah." We stop at the door.

"Unit 37."

"Here it is."

"Too late." I mutter.

"What? Why?" They question me. I point to the obvious broken doorknob.

"You two are idiots." I comment.

"I always come prepared." Ralph says as he holds up his tiny suit.

"Get dressed, princess." I insult him.

"A little help?" Ralph asks, and I just push him back as I kick open the door. Iris and I walk in seeing the suspect Allegra kneeling over a man who is badly burned.

"Gotcha!" I point at her.

"Allegra?" Iris calls out.

"You're not going anywhere, okay?" Ralph finally joins us. "We just want to talk for a second." He pulls out the meta cuffs, and Allegra raises her hands. I quickly move Iris out of harm's way, but the same cannot be said for Ralph as he screams in pain.

"You'll pay for this!" I shout, and I run after her into the hall. I run alongside the walls and tackle her to the ground taking extra precautions of her powers.

"Get off me!" She orders, but I hold her down long enough for a power dampener leg cuff is fired at her. I look up seeing Joe lowering his weapon.

"Allegra Garcia? You're under arrest for parole violation." Joe says to her.

"I had this under control." I tell him.

"Get up, Damian." He orders me, and I stand up.

"Damian." Iris calls for me.

"Go help them. I got her." Joe assures me. I run back into the room, seeing Ralph's face looking worse than I thought it could.

"Damn." I whistle at the sight.

"Is it bad?" Ralph asks me.

"Only slightly worse than you're actual face."

"Damian!" Iris scolds me.