He's Back

Thank you for the support. I love reading all of your comments and knowing you are enjoying this book.

We feel defeated as we head back to the lab. "I can't believe you did this behind my back." Iris scolds us like we're small children.

"You would've tried to stop us." Wally challenges his sister.

"Because it was a waste of time." Iris exclaims.

"How would you know? You didn't put in the work to try and get him back." I yell at her.

"I don't understand. This should've worked." Cisco looks over our calculations. There was no way we were wrong in what we did. It did work for at least a second.

"Or you could've killed us all." Iris chastises us.

"I don't know Iris, I think we were pretty close." Caitlin states to her and Iris turns to face her with a pissed expression on her face.

"I'm sorry we? Where have you been the last six months again?" Iris asks with anger in her voice.

"Hey!" I stand next to Caitlin. "She was only trying to help."

"Look, guys, we need to concentrate on stopping this Samurai who's trying to destroy the city, not on Barry." Iris lectures us.

"Dude, what is your deal?" Cisco is getting pissed now. "It's like you don't even want him back."

"Hey, hey, hey!" Joe gets in between them stopping their fighting. He answers his phone "Cecile, can I call you back in a minute? We're in the middle of something here. What?" Joe looks to us and we all know what this call has to be in reference to.

__________________________________
"State police picked him up on the 112 outside of Ivy city." Cecile informs us as we follow her through the station.

"That's 300 miles away." Joe exclaims.

"Yeah, one of the cops is a Keystone vet. Recognized him." Cecile explains to us.

"I knew it would work. I knew it." Cisco states with a smile on his face. Cecile stops us in the hall outside one of the interrogation rooms.

"You should prepare yourselves." She warns us and we follow her inside to a bare room with strange writings all over the wall. I see Barry's back t us as he scribbles things.

"Barry?" I call out his name almost not believing this is real. He turns to face us and my heart flutters seeing it's him. Barry is back. "Barry..." He stands up and the man I love is back in my life and I want to run and hug him. 

"Nora shouldn't be here." Barry says which confuses us.

"Your mom isn't here, Barry." I correct him. "It's a me...Anna. You're home."

"Your honor, I'm innocent. I didn't do this. I didn't kill anyone. Can you hear the stars singing? Rhyming, chiming, timing every hour, every minute. You said the city was safe, that there was no residual danger, but that's not true. What really happened that night..." Barry continues to ramble on about nothing.

"The city is safe." I assure him. "You saved it. You saved us all." I assure him and for a second it seems like our Barry is back.

"Stars melting like ice cream, dream, gleam." Barry goes to one of the walls. "Nothing seems...Nora shouldn't be here." He keeps rambling and it breaks me seeing him like this.

"I'm guessing this isn't just shock." Joe asks Caitlin.

"Shock results from a drop in blood pressure. This is neurological." She explains to him.