Chapter 2

Hope you like it!

~•~

"Good morning, Dr. Kim!" I heard the door of my office opened and one of my favorite patient came in with a smile on his face.

"Oh Mr. Jung! It's been a while. I thought you'll forget our appointment again..." I joked. Well, we'll perform heart transplant on him probably next month depends if he's ready. He's kinda old as well that he doesn't want to do this but for the sake of his son, Hoseok, he agreed to do heart transplant on him.

Hoseok is a very joyful person and kids' favorite doctor. He's a pediatrician after all, he should be close to kids and having that sunshine like look on his face, who would be scared on him?

However, his life is not always full of sunshine. Last year, his father got sick and heart was having some issues that can still be solved through heart transplant. But, Mr. Jung said that he's too old for this that he may not survive. It's actually 50-50 chance.

"I shouldn't be here now, but my son made me. Tsk he really wanted me to do the surgery" Mr. Jung said.

"I understand him, Mr. Jung. You're the only one family he had. If there's still a chance to add few years in your life, he'll do it whatever it is. He love you so he wants you to get well and be stronger" I explained.

"Anyways, we already found a donor. The decision is all yours if you're up for the surgery or not. I'll accept your decision"

He paused. Probably thinking some scenarios in his head if he'll agree or not.

"H-How long can I live if I agreed to do surgery?" He asked.

I hummed while looking up, thinking. "5-6 years is my estimated year. But it all depends on how will your body accept it. It can last longer than my estimated year... or shorter. But we'll try our best to not let that happen" I explained.

"I'm 65... Can I still survive it? I've lived a happy life already. My son is successful, got everything he needs, and I traveled atleast 4 countries with my wife and son. I think that's enough...?"

"Father... We've talked about this" Hoseok butted in. I looked at the door, Hoseok slowly walking to his father.

"I... I can't let you go yet, Dad. I am just starting to pay back everything you did to me. Mom left us just a year ago, and it still hurts me. You can't leave me here, I need you" Hoseok cried. Kneeling in front of his father, who is tearing up.

"So... Let me atleast pay you back, give the life you deserve, you've worked more than 8 hours to fulfill our needs. P-please... Fulfill my last need... Do the surgery, recover and I-I'll do anything to provide anything you need" He pleaded.

I am watching them while tearing up. I always admired their relationship as father and son. Me and my father did have a business relationship. He's my father in everyone's eyes. But in house, we barely talk. Unless about the hospital. I don't know if the time will come where we can have a dad-son bonding like Hoseok and Mr. Jung have.

Mr. Jung hugged his son and slowly nodded. "O-okay. Taehyung-ah, please prepare my surgery next week..." He said.

I smiled and nodded as well. "Of course, Mr. Jung. We'll not disappoint you. Please do come here 3 days before the operation. We'll run some test to make sure you're ready to undergo surgery and I'll explain any informations that are needed to Hoseok. You can rest for now, Mr. Jung"

"I'll come back here, Taehyung-ah. I'll give my father a ride first" Hoseok said.

"Okay. You can contact me if anything happens" I said. He nodded and I waved goodbye to them and saw the door closed.