part 1-3

jungkook
19070310

taehyung left. around 5 this morning, i think.

but it will be fine, he said. we'll keep in touch. with letters.

-
taehyung
19070324

i arrived at los angeles today. it took two weeks. i'm starving right now. but the cafeteria line is long.

i hope jungkook is doing okay. i missed him every single day on that crusty boat and i still do. he is about to graduate. i'm praying that i'm home for the ceremony. i want to be with him.

i wrote a letter.

///
dear jungkook,

i have arrived today, though you will see this a few weeks late.

the ride was nasty. the food was cold, chairs hurt to sit on, and most importantly the bed was cold. you weren't there with me. there was nothing to hold at night.

i miss you, baby. study hard. you'll do great on finals!!

i love you so much!
wait for me to come home.
///

-
jungkook
19070408

i got taehyung's letter today!! i wrote back right away. the conditions seem worse than i had expected. i hope he isn't too lonely. like me.

the days feel like empty songs flowing in and out of my ears, and i live through them without listening.

he won't be back soon. but i will have to wait.

it's hard to study without him here nagging me. but in the short letter he wrote, 'study hard' was among the few precious words i have heard from him for a month.

there's a little photograph of him from last year's new years party i took with his camera folded in my pocket. his eyes are glistening and his adorable boxy smile makes me feel warm inside. i will keep it safe.

///
dear taehyung,

how are you doing? are you alright?

i miss you. it's only been a month but it feels like a year.

i hope they be good to you. you deserve the world.

i have that photograph of you from last year. the pretty smiling one. it's inside my pocket. i take it out when i'm lonely.

you have mine right? so you can keep me, inside the pocket of your ripped jeans.

i'm studying hard hyung! don't worry about me.

i love you!!
///