2

Blair is really cute. They could use a shower and a haircut, but they're really cute. I don't tell this to Fred, of course.

He's probably mad at me. I know we're struggling with money right now. Fred's balancing a job and college classes to help. But we can't not help Blair.

Lune: Scale of one to ten, how cute?

Me: We're about to pull up in the parking lot, and you can see for yourself. Meet us at the door?

I work at a cafe that's also a hair salon sometimes. I met Lune, my best friend, there. The owner is their friend, and they got a job.

I lead Blair to the door-Fred says he has to call someone. Lune is waiting by the door, and gasps when they see Blair.

"Oh, you are cute. Come in, come in."

There are warm muffins on a table, and cups of hot chocolate beside them. Lune ushers us into seats.

Lune is gender-fluid, and is currently nonbinary. They text me their pronouns each morning.

They have long hair that's dyed blond at the tips, and a light brown otherwise. Their brown eyes are a beautiful pool of chocolate, as said by their last partner. They're appearing more feminine at the moment, their makeup making their features softer. Their nails are purple right now, and they're wearing a blue and gray apron over jeans and a t-shirt.

I catch their wrist, giving them a pointed look. Don't flirt with them.

They pout, but sit on the opposite side of the booth.

"Who is this?" Blair asks me softly, pressing to my side.

"Lune. My best friend. They're nice."

Lune nods, eyes observing Blair. They're probably thinking about how they could make them over.

They get along well, and I'm surprised when Blair accepts Lune's suggestion of a haircut.

They lead us to the back room of the cafe. The walls are spray painted and written on, with before and after pictures around the mirrors in front of the chairs. The sinks are in a smaller room, and the shelves covering one wall have all kinds of hair supplies and hair dyes.

Lune sits Blair in one of the chairs, and pulls one over for me.

"Do you mind if I take a picture?" Lune asks over his shoulder as he looks through a closet.

"Why?"

"Before and after. It's okay if you don't want me to."

"No...it's okay..."

"George? Can you?"

I nod, getting the camera.

"Smile." I tell Blair. I make a face that makes them giggle, and I take the picture.

^_^

"Okay, almost done." Lune says.

We've been here for a little under thirty minutes. Lune and Blair have been talking, and Blair let me paint their nails blue, so I've been focused on that.

"Okay, you can look now."

My jaw drops. They look hot.

Their hair is bleached, and looks so light it's practically white. It hangs in their face, and their blue eyes stand out. Freckles dot their face, and they blush when they see me staring.

"What?"

"You look really good." I mumble, blushing too.

Lune snorts. "That'll be fifty dollars."

Blair's eyes widen. "I don't-"

"I'm only kidding, darling. It's free for friends of George's."

"Oh. Thank you."

"Of course. You better come and visit me soon, alright?"

They smile. "Okay."

Lune winks at me as we walk out.

We find Fred in the car, typing on his phone. His eyes widen when he sees Blair, but he quickly regains composure.

"Let's go home..." He says, eyes still on Blair. "We'll get clothes tomorrow."