CHAPTER TEN | Fool

K Y L O   S T O R M

"It's not the goodbye that hurts, but the flashbacks that follow."

Azariah lays flat on his back against the mattress, as I lean my back against the head board. We're in my room and haven't spoken a word since.

I clear my throat, "I saw the pictures, you took with the girls."

"You did?" He says staring up at the ceiling, not looking at me. "Did it look fun?"

I don't answer.

I hate that we haven't spoken in what feels like ages, but I guess that's the out come of what I did.

"Yeah, we did face masks. And watched some movies."

"Thats uh nice."

"Shoot, Kylo."

"Huh?"

"You have something to say, I can sense it." He says turning his head towards me.

Damn right I do, but I don't know how to say it. Or when the right time to say it.

"I hate how we act like strangers and you're hanging with them all the time."

"Oh- so you're jealous?"

"No?"

"Yeah."

"No- anyways, you don't talk to me anymore. And-"

He cuts me off, "Your a fool, you know?" He says sitting straight up this time. "I love you Ky, I do, but you're a fucking fool."

I scrunch up my face in confusion, "Me?" I point to myself, "A fool?" I pause before speaking next, "What do you mean?"

"God you're so dumb some times, I thought I was stupid."

I have no fucking clue on what he's trying to talk or point to.

"She deserves answers, y' know."

"Who."

He sighs dramatically, "Katalina, Lina. You dumb ass."

I scoff, "Answers?"

"Yes, Kylo. A-n-s-w-e-r-s."

"Why?"

"You're testing me right now, aren't you?"

"No I really wanna know."

Azariah runs a hand through his blonde hair, "You kiss her, say some random shit, and leave." He sighs, "If I was her, I would've wanted some clear answers. Because now, you're with Skylar."

So?

"Didn't mama teach you manners?" He asks, "You can't just run off to another girl, leaving the other one wondering." He looks me in the eyes, "I wouldn't even do that, I don't want to lead them on, if I truly didn't mean it."
     "We're not at home, even at home you don't do shit like that-- why the change?"

"I'm not leading her on-"

"Bullshit, Kylo." Azariah interrupts, "Honestly I don't know why I bothered talking to you right now, your not thinking straight."
     "Find me when you wanna talk, alright? I love you."

He never leaves without saying 'I love you.' I smile.

Azariah leaves my room, his foot steps getting lighter as he walks away.

I throw myself fully against the bed, and stare at the ceiling.

I'm confused is why, I don't know how to act, I don't know how to put the right words together.